Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry fire before match against the rules?

Twilk73

1 hour ago, OpenshooterMclass4lyfe said:

There’s no Checkin before the match?   So how does the person handling the tablets know how to balance out the squads?  How does he know who to delete because someone didn’t show up?    

There is a check in for those who did not sign up online.

For the monthly level 1:

While we are setting up the MD loads each tablet with all the shooters signed up; he does not  know and does not care who did not show up from those who signed up online.

1. All entered shooters are present on all tablets but are not squaded yet.

2. During the shooters meeting the MD announces the total number of shooters, say 40, and then says, "we will divide up into 4 squads of 10 shooters".

3. The shooters self squad. If someone doesn't show then we end up with 2 squads of 10 and two of 9 for example.

The MD walks around and makes sure the squads are as balanced as possible. If they are not he asks first for volunteers and then if necessary moves shooters to balance.

4. The most Practiscore knowlegable shooter takes local squad attendance and sets up the squad in that individual squad tablet. The squad number is typically the same as the stage you are starting on or the bay number but it doesn't really matter what you choose.

5. The squad tablet moves with the squad and doesn't "know" about the other squads.

It takes about 10 minutes from the end of the shooters meeting to do all that.

We have a level 2 sectional coming up that in addition to the online sign up will also have a  more formal check in procedure. 

In this situation all tablets will be set up with all squads prior to the start of shooting and the tablets will stay with their assigned stage.

Edited by ddc

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, OpenshooterMclass4lyfe said:

There’s no Checkin before the match?   So how does the person handling the tablets know how to balance out the squads?  How does he know who to delete because someone didn’t show up?    

No shooters meeting at at least a few matches around here. Show up at your assigned bay from practiscore, and start blasting at the start time. Roll call at the start of the first stage. Yea i’ve been rebalanced before too, not that big of a deal. 

Edited by ColoradoNick

8 hours ago, nitrohuck said:

God I love that we just hit page 4 on this subject

From now on, the second I signup on Practiscore for a match, I won't even dryfire at my house anymore. 

Just make sure all the curtains are closed. Maybe go inside the coat closet just to be safe.