Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleaning and Lubing 650

Definitely enough, probably too much, and just right if it works for you. You're erroring on the side of caution and that's rarely a mistake. I focus on the primer magazine, primer punch assembly, platform (under shellplate) and casefeeder. I also clean and reapply oil/grease to all the suggested contact points.

Edited by 4n2t0

Interesting... the manual recommends every 3,000.

I know I lubricate the main shaft at least that often.

The rest of the machine I tend to wait a little longer.

Probably at least 5k.

I normally sit down to load 2K-3K, I'd be cleaning more than loading if I followed the recommendation, lol.

Agreed on the shaft, when I feel it dragging I give it a few squirts. The rest of the machine goes at least 30K before I spend a day stripping it down for a detailed cleaning.

5 hours ago, 4n2t0 said:

I normally sit down to load 2K-3K, I'd be cleaning more than loading if I followed the recommendation, lol.

Agreed on the shaft, when I feel it dragging I give it a few squirts. The rest of the machine goes at least 30K before I spend a day stripping it down for a detailed cleaning.

Yeah on the rest of the machine it is actually more like wait until it feels sluggish or something malfunctions or I start feeling guilty whichever comes first... lol...

After reading this thread, I decided to lube my 650 which I have never done since I got it 7 years ago and holy crap was it crudded up

i ended up tearing it down and it runs smoother, I guess the moral of the story is as good as Dillon presses are, they do need some TLC every now and then

On 6/6/2023 at 1:00 PM, rishii said:

After reading this thread, I decided to lube my 650 which I have never done since I got it 7 years ago and holy crap was it crudded up

i ended up tearing it down and it runs smoother, I guess the moral of the story is as good as Dillon presses are, they do need some TLC every now and then

Dont we all