Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P10F Competition What upgrades do you like and why?

stick

I picked up this beauty along with a Holosun 507 today.  I'm not new to CZ P10 or optics. My EDC is a P10c with the Theta trigger.  I'm just used to PCC.  I also have my M&P out being milled for an optic which I'll probably let me son use.  With that being said, what upgrades did you put in your P10F and why?

20230603_124925 (Medium).jpg

I ditched the extended slide release in favor of the stock one on the regular F model. I kept locking back the slide with my grip on the extended Comp (apex) version. Also swapped the back plate to a stock black plastic one. Couldn’t stand the gold one. Lastly, I’ve inadvertently ejected a mag twice while competing on a barrel start. While grabbing the gun off barrel I pressed the gun down into the barrel too hard and activated the mage release. Got the first round off while the loaded mag shot straight down out of pistol. Again, standard release on regular F remedied that. 

Edited by Cfrock

17 hours ago, Raz22582 said:

The Taylor freelance brass backstrap, w74 guide rod,rune followers and springs are some of my favorites

I'm still researching guiderods, but I did see a video of Robin Taylor explaining the brass backstrap.  I have one on order.

16 hours ago, Cfrock said:

I ditched the extended slide release in favor of the stock one on the regular F model. I kept locking back the slide with my grip on the extended Comp (apex) version. Also swapped the back plate to a stock black plastic one. Couldn’t stand the gold one. Lastly, I’ve inadvertently ejected a mag twice while competing on a barrel start. While grabbing the gun off barrel I pressed the gun down into the barrel too hard and activated the mage release. Got the first round off while the loaded mag shot straight down out of pistol. Again, standard release on regular F remedied that. 

I still haven't shot the gun yet, but I've noticed that the slide stop does stick out for me too.  I have a high grip and I'll see it if interferes.  I'm left handed.  so, if I lay the gun down, it's usually laying with the mag release up.

28 minutes ago, AzDanMan said:

I put in a tungsten guide rod and the brass back strap and Talon grips. Works good for me.

I ordered the TF Brass Backstrap.  What guide rod/spring and which Talon Grips?

**Update**  

Optic plate came in and I got the Holosun mounted.  Taylor Freelance backstrap installed and the gun feels like a brick.  it weighs 897g or 1.977lbs.  It's by far the heaviest gun I've ever owned.  I'm waiting on the Stonebridge Gunworks Tungsten guide rod and 14lb flatwire spring to arrive.  As for the trigger, the pull is 3lb 12.7oz average on 10 pulls with my Wheeler Pro Digital Gauge.   As you know, the gun comes with 3 mags.  I called CZ and they informed me that the basepads are made by Henning.  I ordered another gold +2 basepad to install on a additional mag I also ordered.  

After I put some rounds through it, I'll decide what (if anything) to do with the trigger.

20230608_154154 (Medium).jpg

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, EvilNuff said:

What are folks opinions on the p10f competition vs just getting a p10f OR and spending the difference in cost on upgrades?

I went the p10f or route. If it’s an optic gun sight radius isn’t a thing. I haven’t run it in a match yet, but it does get out every practice and carried regularly. I might add a tungsten rod eventually. I did get henning pads for it. After season is over I plan to run it more and decide between my S2 and this one for next season. I do have grip tape on the way. 

Henning basepads with MBX guts. 24+1

i also have the apex disco and trigger in mine. I did have lighter firing pin springs in but i was getting dead trigger/no reset issues so i went back to stock spring. 

Also solid brass backstrap and steel guide rod with a lighter recoil spring

8 hours ago, mike4045 said:

I went the p10f or route. If it’s an optic gun sight radius isn’t a thing. I haven’t run it in a match yet, but it does get out every practice and carried regularly. I might add a tungsten rod eventually. I did get henning pads for it. After season is over I plan to run it more and decide between my S2 and this one for next season. I do have grip tape on the way. 

I'm curious about the comparison of a p10f with a couple hundred in upgrades vs a S2.  An upgraded p10f is something like half a stock S2.

The s2 is easier to shoot. On the timer in practice it’s a wash. The last major I shoot this year will be with the S2 in production. The p10 goes to every practice and gets about 150 rds thru it. I would not hesitate to use it in a major if I had to. The only upgrade I am adding is grip tape to the p10. Possibly a guide rod to change spring weight.

9 hours ago, mike4045 said:

The s2 is easier to shoot. On the timer in practice it’s a wash. The last major I shoot this year will be with the S2 in production. The p10 goes to every practice and gets about 150 rds thru it. I would not hesitate to use it in a major if I had to. The only upgrade I am adding is grip tape to the p10. Possibly a guide rod to change spring weight.

Im the opposite. Its usually against my religion to like a plastic striker gun over a metal DA/SA but after the Apex upgrades, added brass backstrap and steel guide rod, i actually like it better. Idk why, i just do. Thing is so smooth

2 hours ago, Bravo_Victor said:

Im the opposite. Its usually against my religion to like a plastic striker gun over a metal DA/SA but after the Apex upgrades, added brass backstrap and steel guide rod, i actually like it better. Idk why, i just do. Thing is so smooth

I get it. I just can’t leave the s2 orange in the safe. I have always partial to Glocks, but the p10 just does it better. If I ever simplify and cut down I would have no issue running the p10.

• 1 month later...