Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX 24 rd Chrome Mag

jasmap

I am considering the MBX 24 rd mag (the actual MBX mag, not the Canik mag) and I'm hoping a few of y'all have ran one and could give some feedback on it. I have a few Canik mags with Henning basepads and MBX spring/follower and I like them but I'd still love some input on the MBX mags. Thanks.

2 hours ago, WxGuy said:

I hate to say this, but that's cheap.

For these to be $20 less than a 140mm 2011 mag must be because they know we can build a 24 round mag for $90, why would we spend $130 on there's? But $110 is pretty reasonable in comparison. 

18 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

Can you tell what they did to solve that issue?

Since the MBX mags are advertised as NOT locking the slide back I would assume at least some of the change is there.

55 minutes ago, GigG said:

Since the MBX mags are advertised as NOT locking the slide back I would assume at least some of the change is there.

That's likely just the follower, which on a loaded mag probably doesn't effect over insertion.

5 hours ago, WxGuy said:

So at 113 for an ambi it’s a little pricier but similar to a fully setup 24 round mag. 30 for the mag 40 for henning pad and 20 for a rune or MBX spring and follower. So about $90 vs $113 not much but if you buy a lot of mags it adds up. What does that extra $23 get you I wonder?

4 hours ago, VeilAndrew said:

Your time? I guess. Or shipping cost if you need to buy from multiple places.

Time was it takes about 2 minutes or less to take a mag apart and put it back together. Maybe another 2 minutes to add the items to the cart. 

for shipping benstoegerproshop has everything available that’s needed so not much issue there either. 

4 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

If they work, being one piece like that I'd say they're worth a little extra. Had they been 130 like their 2011 mags they wouldn't be justifiable IMO. 

Yeah one piece is nice. If they were about 90-95 bucks each it would be a no brainer. Or if I didn’t have 6 140mm mags setup already id definitely grab some. Indint know that I’m running out the door to get them now though. 

2 minutes ago, TheChef1 said:

Time was it takes about 2 minutes or less to take a mag apart and put it back together. Maybe another 2 minutes to add the items to the cart. 

for shipping benstoegerproshop has everything available that’s needed so not much issue there either. 

Yeah one piece is nice. If they were about 90-95 bucks each it would be a no brainer. Or if I didn’t have 6 140mm mags setup already id definitely grab some. Indint know that I’m running out the door to get them now though. 

yeah, if you're setup it doesn't really make sense. If they fix the over insertion issue some are having those people might want to switch. I'm just starting to look at this Canik stuff and I'm still leaning toward just putting them together and saving the $20ish. But, maybe I'll try one first. 

On 5/22/2023 at 12:52 PM, Racinready300ex said:

Can you tell what they did to solve that issue?

From MBX's website about their new Canik competition magazines:

"Our new competition design on the Canik tightens up the mag catch slot tolerance. This prevents the factory mag catch and the magazine from over insertion causing any ejector or feed lip damage."

• 3 weeks later...

I received my MBX magaziine. So far I've used it in on two stages in a match and in approximately three live fire practices. My use obviously has been minimal so far but up to this point it's ran 100%. I can get 24 in it but it's a tight 24. I'll update more when I get some decent use out of it. I'm really happy with it so far.

On 6/16/2023 at 12:57 PM, jasmap said:

I received my MBX magaziine. So far I've used it in on two stages in a match and in approximately three live fire practices. My use obviously has been minimal so far but up to this point it's ran 100%. I can get 24 in it but it's a tight 24. I'll update more when I get some decent use out of it. I'm really happy with it so far.

Would you consider it reloable or just use as a start mag?

1 hour ago, Juggernaut said:

Ran a match yesterday with a stage that needed 24 shots.  I put in a Barney round and then my full mag at 23 rounds.  Cleaned the stage!

Isn’t it a 24 round mag? 

13 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

Would you consider it reloable or just use as a start mag?

So far mine would be a start mag. Loading it 24+1 is pretty tight but it runs so far.