Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CO options

Squirrel45

Hi everyone

This goes along with my holster question. Long story short I'm looking for a semi reasonable priced CO option. I have a nice S2 already but it's to heavy for me to practice and compete with at this time. I plan on making it to that in the future. Currently looking to play with something lighter and a striker. I don't trust the dexterity in my fingers to realse a hammer. Plus playing with a new division keeps me busy as well also helpful theses days. 

Thanks for the help 

Squirrel 

I have the Canik TP9SFx (2 of them actually).  I have had very few issues from the start.  Canik has expanded the line with the Rival, Mete and now the Rival S.  It all depends on what you want, but the SFx is still solid, lightweight, after-market support and, at this point, can probably be found used in the Classifieds.  

Edited by bigdawgbeav

Thanks guys, that is a really good deal on that. I actually emailed a friend of mine and he's selling the exact gun. Are there plates out there to mount a rts2? 

Thanks again 

Just now, Squirrel45 said:

Thanks guys, that is a really good deal on that. I actually emailed a friend of mine and he's selling the exact gun. Are there plates out there to mount a rts2? 

The only bad thing about that one is the grip. I love super aggressive! but currently due to treatment my hands are not right 😒

Thanks again 

18 minutes ago, Squirrel45 said:

Thanks again 

Yes.  IN the case of the Canik TP9SFx the #3 plate is for Cmore footprint (althought it might only be the STS sight, don't know).  In the case of the Rival posted above the #6 plate is specified for RTS2 mounting.  All of the plates should come with the gun.

I went with a SFx and run a RTS2.  The plates that came in the box did not work with the RTS2 exactly - the forward edge of the dot was forward of the plate and interfered with the slide so a no go until I milled a shallow relief into the slide.  

I have been told this is not an issue with the Rival and S.  And... since I got the gun(s) used (and very inexpensive...) it may be that I didn't get all the plates or the instruction manual (that I wouldn't have read anyway...) so take my experience with 2 grains of salt and a healthy dose of reading the fine manual.

8 hours ago, bigdawgbeav said:

Yes.  IN the case of the Canik TP9SFx the #3 plate is for Cmore footprint (althought it might only be the STS sight, don't know).  In the case of the Rival posted above the #6 plate is specified for RTS2 mounting.  All of the plates should come with the gun.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, mcmmotorsports said:

That is my Rival pictured for sale. The Darkside model (mine) has the plate included to mount an RTS2 or Sig Romeo3XL optic. 
HMU if you want a sweet deal on it 😉

I appreciate it 👍

11 hours ago, Squirrel45 said:

Thanks again 

I use this plate for my Canik rival with a Cmore RTS2 V5 optic

https://fasttoys.net/shop/Canik-TP9SFX-and-Rival-Sfx-Optic-Mount-Alpha-3-Romeo-Max/

• 1 month later...

I would think any of the big name factory cut for optics plastic fantastics would be half a dozen of 1 , 6 of the other.  Walther, SIg, XDM, M&P,  CZ P10, Or  even a p9,, which would work like your shadow.. just start cocked and locked and call it open..