Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

320 Legion X5 Adapter to Cmore RTS

dcalvert

1 hour ago, dcalvert said:

Does anyone make and adapter for this gun to the Cmore RTS2? What are the advantages or disadvantages to this set up?

dcalvert

Advantage = you can use an rts2. 
disadvantage= you can’t without it. 

If you are referring to if it is better than a direct mill that depends on the person, and their needs. Direct mill gets the dot closer to the bore. Adapter plates allow you to use an array of optics that is typically not possible after the slide has been milled for a particular optic. It also drastically narrows the resale market for that gun. 

Personally I think the whole sight over bore is blown completely out of perspective. Adapter plates adjust the height of the optic slightly and this can be adjusted to in practice. Open guys have their dots way over their bores and they do just fine.  Not sure I understand why people think they need their dot so low. 

I would rather have options. Adapter plates give you that. Especially if that day comes when they create the unicorn dot that has zero issues. Then everyone can run out and buy it and have the ability to mount it with a different plate. Direct milling does not give you this option. 

Edited by Boomstick303

40 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Personally I think the whole sight over bore is blown completely out of perspective. Adapter plates adjust the height of the optic slightly and this can be adjusted to in practice. Open guys have their dots way over their bores and they do just fine.  Not sure I understand why people think they need their dot so low. 

Agree.  I see about zero measurable difference between plates, direct-mill and dovetail mounts for CO / LO pistols comparing them back to back.  Plates and direct mounts look cooler and may give you the BUIS option that is largely irrelevant for matches but that's about it.

The current-hotness dot, the SRO, puts the dot higher than many others and nobody anguishes about it.