Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prodigy ~ which parts to replace first then second?

Petrofra

34 minutes ago, shred said:

You can reportedly use a loose STI grip, although it'll be different in the magwell area.

I have an extra Extreme STI grip laying around. Original trigger *might* work if fitted, but not messing with that since the original is coming back soon. 

I also got my A12B plate and mounted up a Holosun EPS. It sits very low over bore, and I'm really liking that combo. 

Decided against any additional work as of now. So EGW magwell, ignition kit, stipple is how I'll run it for a bit. 

20230606_153035.thumb.jpeg.051bed22f86ad12aa3771e2e1e9f69c9.jpeg

prodigy1.jpg.2d2f295c0134dff86b4f0dd0c066f691.jpg

6 hours ago, mreed911 said:

A little disappointed that SA won't sell just the grip module as a part.  Would love to buy one and send it for stippling, but don't want to do it with my only one.

If you’re gonna swap the trigger how out you can also just go with another brand of grip and stipple that one and add the new trigger bow.  
*** the trigger bow for the prodigy is longer to accommodate internal dimension if the grip.  It’s a Springfield thing.  
another brand plus diff trigger bow solves this.  

2 hours ago, shred said:

You can reportedly use a loose STI grip, although it'll be different in the magwell area.

What will be loose in the magwell? 
STI will work but you’ll have issues if using the factory trigger bow.  It’s too long.  

8 hours ago, mmchambers06 said:

What'd you do to it? 

Sent my grip away for stippling. Tempted to mail off slide but I will try to resist! Got the rest of the EGW ignition parts in. 

Search Prodigy shorty term review in the threads.  I chime in around page 5 with a Nobel of information.  😂 good luck.  

1 hour ago, SufferInSilence said:

What will be loose in the magwell? 
STI will work but you’ll have issues if using the factory trigger bow.  It’s too long.  

The "toe" of the Prodigy grip is thicker than the STI, which is why STI magwells that hook over the front (eg: Dawson Ice) don't work on it.  I have a pic with a cutaway Ice here:

I "de-Prodigy'd" my 5" because I had the parts laying around and didn't have to buy anything. I replaced the grip with a Cheely E2 with an STI poly trigger, and STI hammer, sear, and disconnector, titanium strut, and a generic stainless ambi safety. I got the AOS plate from Optics Planet for $47 and put  on a Deltapoint Pro.