Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load For Imr 7625

gotcha

I have used both n350 and 7625 this year and have decided to stick with 7625 (also much cheaper). It shoots softer then the N350 and it shoots a one hole group at 25 yards in my gun (Shu AET barrel). I am ordering 16 pounds on thursday for the comming year. The 7.3 grn load loaded to 1.240 ( 169 PF) works best in my gun. Remember to always start low and work up to your load.

im running 7.5 grains and a 124 precision delta .356 fmj. fed 200 primers and starline supercomp brass. 1.255 oal.

this is out of a 4 port hybrid with 8 port comp.

shoots soft, but not all that flat.

its 174.5 power factor

Thanks for the feed back and links. My search did not come up with that :-(

I had to go to 7.8 to get 1360 average for a 170. It does shoot real nice and the dot tracks very well.

Does anyone notice inconsistent metering with this powder? I have a 650 and the load meters +/- 1 grain or so every other round.

I used to use 3n37 and never had any metering problems.

Does anyone notice inconsistent metering with this powder? I have a 650 and the load meters +/- 1 grain or so every other round.

I had some metering issues with 4756. Turns out that it was probably due to static. I dumped 40 lbs of it into a big bucket and mixed it all up to avoid possible inconsistencies from lot to lot that I read about here. I probably created static when I was mixing it up. A few weeks later and I have no issues.

You might try checking the powder measure to make sure it's making it's full travel from open to closed. Also, make sure that there is no foreign object in the tube itself. After that, try rubbing everything with a dryer sheet just in case you got some static build up.

i havent noticed any metal coming out of the ports, unlike winchester hollow based 115s...every other round a bullet frag was coming out and the accuracy SUCKED.

also there is WAY less lead buildup in the comp than the winchester 115s...could it be the amount of heat/powder required to make major with 115s was just too much for that bullet, or the deltas could be harder lead.

sad thing is i think my barrel is TOAST...and ill probably replace it with 1-16 twist unported schuemann barrel and a dawson number 3 comp.

since im rebarreling, i think the new tube will be a 9X19 :)

Thanks for the feed back and links. My search did not come up with that :-(

I had to go to 7.8 to get 1360 average for a 170. It does shoot real nice and the dot tracks very well.

I use 7.8 gr 7625 behind a 125 Zero JHP. Also noted the powder metering inconsistently

I found two things that contributed to this, too much slop between the powder bar and the spacer, and static. I shimmed the spacer to take out the excess space, and I wipe down the powder measure with an anti-static dryer sheet before reloading.

FWIW 7.8 of 7625 and a 125 Hornady HAP goes 168 PF in one of my nearly identical shorty Supers and 173 PF in the other. I've not noticed lot of metering problems, and accuracy is certainly there, putting 5 rounds under one paster yesterday at 20 yards.

i have zero metering problems with 7625. loading 9X19 major wih 7625, the case is full of powder, you notice everything.

BTW, try the deltas, if you shoot limited, buy 1000 40s and 1000 9mms to try...i havent touched a 40 montana gold since i found these precision deltas.. also if you see A4 director kenneth hicks or his son ask them about them...they are both using the delta bullets, armscor brass and IMR4756.. when the brass i bought from Blackdragon gets here, ill be doing nearly the same.

at the end of january my new open pistol will be ready..and ill still shoot the delta bullets.

7.2 grains of 7625, 125 zero JHP, WSR primer, OAL 1.167, coming out of a dawson ministroker 4 3/4" barrel dawson comp and 2 port holes. if you load to 1.23 oal it may take a little more powder, but be careful as at 1.23 the bullet is closer to the rifleing and could cause pressure spikes. 9mm chambers were originally designed for a max OAL of 1.169

I like 7625 as well with 115gr MG JHPs but the lot to lot variability is a killer. A little extrapolation with the few loads listed in this one thread is showing more delta than with other powders I've loaded with recently.

FWIW, I've not seen much, if any, lot-to-lot variation in recent vintage 7625 ever since I started getting the 8lb plastic jugs. The major delta for me is which barrel the loads are fired in..7.8gr & a 125 in one gun goes 168PF, the other 173PF.

SR-7625 From 3.9 grains to 5.4 grains

CCI-500 Primer

that wont even come close to making major...less than 6 grains wont even cycle my gun!!

for plain 38 super, that might be fine, but in a comp gun...that isnt gonna work.