Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you wear under your MSA’s?

ColoradoNick

Looking to pick up a second set of in-ear hearing pro to wear under my MSA’s at indoor matches when I’m shooting with open shooters. I tried regular foamies but can’t hear ANYTHING then. Does anyone have any recommendations for a happy medium? I love my MSA’s 100% of the time I’m NOT shooting indoors with someone in open 🤣

Have you tried the Surefire plugs with the baffle that you can open and close? I'll try to find a link, but Google the Surefire ear plugs, I'm sure it'll come up. I noticed the same thing with my Sordin's, they are a little loud in an indoor range compared to my old Pro Ears. The foamies are really the easiest solution, you just have to get used to it.

1 hour ago, T-Free said:

I like the peltor sport tri flange (the lime green ones). Still hear good with electronic muffs over the top. And they are corded so you can just put them on the back of the neck when not in use

Thanks, these look like they would work for me too. $7 for a pack of 3 on Amazon meds the decision easy enough. 

Yea - when indoors I will use the yellow foam and my MSA's while someone is shooting, then while I am scoring the shooter I'll take the MSA's off and hang them from my belt.  I can hear well enough with the yellow foam during scoring, but they also protect me enough from shooters in the next bay.   Not perfect but the best I've been able to figure out so far.