Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Christmas Came Early This Year For My Wife.

TruStreet

Christmas came early this year for my wife.

I picked up her Open Glock from S&J Customs this weekend and I can’t find words to express how nice it turned out. The quality and attention to detail that S&J Customs put into this gun is outstanding. The slide to frame fit is as tight as any high end 1911 I’ve seen. The gun is light yet nicely balanced it has very little muzzle rise shooting WWB and CCI Blazer (brass). The dot tracked great with very little vertical movement and transitioning to the next target is fast and easy. The trigger is very crisp and smooth. John has updated his C-More mount to a racier, dare I say sexy look. Their new mag- well has an extremely large mouth for incredibly smooth (and fast) reloads.

We fired about 100 rounds to break it in and get it sighted. John was able to put 3 & 4 rounds through the same hole at will. He also shot a smiley face ala Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon (he gave it to a kid that was at the indoor range with his dad). The gun still needs to be broken in, but it is grouping ¼” at 15 yards.

John then set up a small field course at Cherokee Gun Club for my wife, targets ranging from 7-25 yards. Using a custom made 170mm mag., (that he made), she was able to consistently get 22-23 alphas out of 26 rounds fired shooting as fast as she could pull the trigger. This is from a person that never even held an Open Gun much less fired one!

Needless to say we are both very happy with the end result.

Thank you S&J Customs!

Link to picture of Angie's Open Glock

http://www.street-lethal.com/manny/

Manny

Edited by TruStreet

TS,

do you have any idea how much that beautiful magwell weighs? or what's it made of? thanks :)

It's made out of Aluminum, wt. is about 3-3 1/2 ozs. comes in Black, Brushed or Ploished.

I'll ask John for the exact wt. and i'll post it tonight.

If you want a heavier one they also have one thats made of steel that's about 2.5 times heavier

TS

Edited by TruStreet

So what is the best way to disassemble to clean. Do you just have to relocktite the comp everytime? I bet a boresnake is your favorite tool in that case!

I field stripped it and tilted the barrel in the slide and ran a jig through it. For the Comp, spray it with Carters Comp Spray before you shoot it and the crud just wipes off.

Yes, I love my boresnake :)

Manny

AKA

TruStreet