Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock +1 followers

HANDGUNNER

• 4 weeks later...

OK, ordered 3 pieces +1 folower .40s&w and got them, overseas, within 4 days.

Assembled 3 standard (15 rnds) mags with these folowers and yes, got 16 rounds in.

Will go to the range tomorrow evening and try if the mags still work without malfunctions of any kind.

When it all works well i'll put the folowers in my extended magazines (17 and 18 rnds by now) wich still fit the IPSCbox to see if i can make 18 and 19 rounds (extended basepads from B-E Jonsson)  

Other people tried these folowers yet?

And if you have some tips to increase mag.capacity for the Glock35 and still fit the box please tell.

Thank you

Adrie

Just played with the standard 16 rnds mag's and few hundred rounds didn't gave malfunctions.

Now i am ready to play with the extended mags.

Just made up a standard 15 rnds mag with the +1 folower from Novak and a +3 basepad from arredondo.

Could put 19 rnds in it easy. If that's functions alright, well a 19+1 capacity and still fit the IPSCbox is ok for me!

The followers are $6.95ea,we have tested them with taylor freelance base pads,scherer base pads and factory glock +2 base pads,will be testing with the dawson alum base pads soon.never thought of a val-u-pack,I will have to give this some thought.we also do custom sight modifications and  S/S guide rods

and we be doing our own custom conector kits soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tom did up 3 of these for me before this season, which I use with my custom Glock 17s, in both limited and open.   I've put about 5,000 rounds through them, and they've worked great.

My limited gun is normal 9x19, and my open is chambered for 9x21.  The followers have worked with both.

I will say, they have come in handy when I'm just using my stock high-caps, getting that one extra round so I can engage 9 targets instead of 8.  

• 4 weeks later...

He guy's

Does anybody know if the Novak followers are allowed for Prod Div (IPSC)?

<Or do I have to ask this at "IPSC rules questions">

They told me that the followers weren't allowed because they were devices which provide additional capacity, like in the rule below  

"Base plates and/or any other devices which provide additional ammunition capacity (e.g. “+2” extensions), are prohibited."

David

(Edited by JeeDee at 4:25 am on Nov. 18, 2002)

(Edited by JeeDee at 4:34 am on Nov. 18, 2002)

OK Got the final word from Vince. It's a no-no . 18 shots mags will have to do. Just wondering how many people use them in production division (IPSC). I never saw them being checked on a match, even not at a level 4. But OK I will stay with what is legal.    

DVC

David

Well I got three of these for my Taylor Freelance +4s and they give you just enough room to squeeze in the last one.  Fit is tight.  I bought them to see if I could fit one more  on my Taylor F. +5 mags(to give me 21 +1) and they wouldn't go.  So it seems that the mags are limited to 20+1(even with the springs trimmed short).