Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gray gun Lockwood

m700

There are a couple available in beed blasted for anyone waiting for one, I just grabbed one. I have a couple questions about them.

1)What is the bead blasted finish? is it meant to look bead blasted and covered with something or is it just raw? If its raw I can just cerekote it

2) I would like to keep this gun Irons, well Fiber. Can anyone recommend and rmr cover plat that has rear irons on it?

53 minutes ago, m700 said:

There are a couple available in beed blasted for anyone waiting for one, I just grabbed one. I have a couple questions about them.

1)What is the bead blasted finish? is it meant to look bead blasted and covered with something or is it just raw? If its raw I can just cerekote it

2) I would like to keep this gun Irons, well Fiber. Can anyone recommend and rmr cover plat that has rear irons on it?

Bead blasted is a completely raw finish.

The cover plate would have to be made specifically for that slide. a generic one wouldn't work.

21 hours ago, Rich406 said:

It’s made specifically to have an optic. 

I know, but I have a bunch of optic guns already. I may end up going that route  I did talk with a friend that has a cnc shop he said he'd model it and run it for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 10:20 AM, m700 said:

Is this what you purchased?  https://grayguns.com/product/lockwood-p320-slide-4-7-bull-barrel/

I

12 hours ago, oddjob said:

M700.....What kinda accuracy you getting??

I havent done anything with the slide yet. I will probably put it on an FCU and txg grip next range day.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 6:06 AM, RangerTrace said:

I'm getting under an inch at 25 off of a rest with a GGI Lockwood full build.

may I ask what bullet (type, weight) you are using? I’m still breaking in mine with my usual load (coated, 147gr) but soon I would like to move onto a load development. Thanks!

11 hours ago, jaep1911 said:

may I ask what bullet (type, weight) you are using? I’m still breaking in mine with my usual load (coated, 147gr) but soon I would like to move onto a load development. Thanks!

RMR 124 grain TC Matchwinners over 4.2 grains of N320 to 1.125"

• 2 months later...

I emailed them about getting an optic cut cover. They responded not at this time. I ended up building it with an SRO.

The build tolerences were tight enough that the barrel and slide cannot both be coated. I had to blast the barrel back to raw.

Final build

AXG grip

Lok Brass grips including back

Armory craft trigger

Armory craft magwell

Armory craft Thumbrest takedown

Springer extended mag release

Cerakoted mostly tactical grey with Magpul OD green on the trim. Ill get pictures up.

Now I just have to send it off to Sig armorer

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2023 at 10:28 AM, m700 said:

I emailed them about getting an optic cut cover. They responded not at this time. I ended up building it with an SRO.

The build tolerences were tight enough that the barrel and slide cannot both be coated. I had to blast the barrel back to raw.

Final build

AXG grip

Lok Brass grips including back

Armory craft trigger

Armory craft magwell

Armory craft Thumbrest takedown

Springer extended mag release

Cerakoted mostly tactical grey with Magpul OD green on the trim. Ill get pictures up.

Now I just have to send it off to Sig armorer

Sweet build!

13 hours ago, RedDotsOnly said:

Sweet build!

Thanks It came together nicely. Still havent had a chance to send it out as Ive misplaced the screws for the trigger. Once I actively look and find them It will be sent out.