Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 SAO vs. Regular Shadow 2 Cocked and Locked

OPENB

If one were to inclined to shoot a Shadow 2 in single action only, is there an advantage in the SAO variant vs. using a regular Shadow 2 cocked and locked? Are the triggers identical, reset the same, etc. or is there magic sauce in the SAO gun? It looks like the SAO S2 would be the poors version of the TS2. 

The SAO version has the disconnector removed.  This means you can finely tune the pre-travel down to almost nothing using the pre-travel screw. 

I did an SAO conversion on mine and also added competition springs.  The trigger pull is < 2lbs and I tuned it to have about 3mm of pre-travel.

Edited by AZ_GunGuy

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Jeff O said:

I like DA/SA for the second strike capability. The difference between the SA's is not worth talking about. Mine is under 2 with a 1/16 reset.

Thanks. I decided to stick with my DA/SA Shadow 2's, and just add mag well and large ambi safety levers. SA trigger is sweet. 

• 2 months later...

I got the Boss Components magwell and grips from Shooters Connection. It’s ok, but I couldn’t pass on a great deal on a Springfield Prodigy, so the S2 is in the safe for a while. 

FWIW I have a DA/SA Shadow 2 Orange and the trigger breaks under 2lbs on SA pull. 

I'm sure the SAO version feels crisper and nicer when you're fondling it in the gun store or at home, but once you start banging on the trigger in live fire, I really doubt you'll care either way. 

My reset isn't 1/16" its probably about 1/8", hats off to you if you can notice the difference on a 32rd stage.