Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Do You Store Your Clean Brass?

TXSouthpaw

+1 on the plastic ice cream buckets! I have tons of them.

Also I have left brass in the tumbler over night with no problem. I set my tumbler on a timer and let it go to work when I sleep.

post-5009-1135000765_thumb.jpg

Nice work station :D

I just sorted brass I tumbled about a month ago seems ok.I hate 9mm mixed in with my .40 they sure can get stuck together :mellow:

• 1 month later...

Zip Lock bags work great, I just looked in the garage at some .357 sig brass I did years ago (decaped, tumbed, etc) for a project and it still looks like the day it left the tumbler...the 1 gallon freezer bags hold 1K rounds nicely and have a spot to write comments.

Jay

I use ammo cans like DMS42 does.

Back when I had just an RCBS single stage press, I ran my brass through in batches. So I put labels on the cans that said something like

".45 cleaned and deprimed", .45 ready for powder, etc.

The cans stack real neatly too.

Since I have a 550, all the batches are getting caught up, so I don't have as much of a need for all the cans, but they're still nice to have around.

Now if they just made them out of stainless steel so they wouldn't rust while I got 'em buried in the back yard.

Just joking.

If you used a gadgett like this here you won't be running into problems with the 9's getting stuck in the 40's.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25148

Or you could go through www.hosercam.com and order one of Nolan's double stripers.

Chills

I just use the copious quantity of cardboard boxes that collect from ordering stuff to play this crazy game ;) The boxes close up just fine, and I don't have problems with stuff corroding in a closed box....

I've tried about every method and find the only way I can keep brass looking as shiney and untarnished as when it came out of the tumbler is to place it in Ziplock bags. I label each bag with what it is (brand and caliber for rifle, caliber only for handgun since I tend to mix different mfg'rs) and, for rifle, how many times it has been fired. Then I keep the bags in storage containers, also labelled with caliber. Keeps everything neat and organized, and I can tell pretty quickly what I have on hand.

With fired, dirty brass, I drop it in a ziplock bag with the reloading label so I know all about it, caliber, load, how many times fired, when I am ready to clean brass.

I keep a LOT of brass in lots of calibers and this helps me keep it all straight.

Bob

5 gallon buckets with lids.

They hold about 50# each, they are cheap, they are sturdy, and they stack nicely.

I toss in a couple of desi-packs and they stay shiney forever.

One bucket for dirty unsorted brass, one bucket for clean 9mm, one bucket for .40, etc.

Some of you guys tumble BEFORE you sort by size? How does that work, half my dirty .40 cases have a 9mm/38super stuck in them. They don't clean well like that.

8 gallon or so - Rubbermaid stackable containers with lids ( Lowes, etc sell them ). I don't know where you live but I think the reason you're probably having some corrosion on brass in the garage is humidity. As the air cools off - water condenses on the coldest items in the garage - like brass or cast iron, etc so you're probably getting some of that happening. Covering it in plastic won't keep the humid air out - and the water will just condense on the inside of the bag on top of the brass. Trick, if you can, is to store it inside where it's warm and more consistent temp and humidity.