Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Bad Gunsmith Challenge

dirtypool40

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had an experience with one of the local smiths in my country. I was there for them to replace my bomar. Mine went loose (leaf) when my pistol fell.

so i was there and while waiting i saw an old smith(maybe just a helper) trying to install one of those dovetail rear sights on an old gi pistol.

so he first removed the GI sight and put the slide on the machine to cut the dovetail.

He cut the dovetail and removed the slide. He proceeded to put the rear sight which does not seem to want to go in. He said nothing and did not bother to take measurements.

Instead he just put the slide back to get a bigger dovetail cut.

And bigger it was, when he was installing the sight, it fell right through the dovetail. So he whipped out the epoxy and glued the damn thing on.

I almost laughed my head off! To top this the owner was watching while he did his comedy act on his pistol. BWAAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

I never did return to that gunsmith's shop.

I truly believe that at the end of your life you will probably be able to count the number true friends you had on one hand. Real friends. The kind that would loan you money no questions asked. Drop whatever they were doing to help you out of a jam. The kind of friends that, if it meant losing my life to save them it would be worth it.

A friend does not screw another friend over with money, false promises, etc. It is time to contact the police, a lawyer, the US Postal Service. This "friend" has had plenty of time to make good on his end of the deal. He started this fiasco, its time for you to end it.

Not to make light of the situation in question, since the way you're handling it seems to define the term "gentleman" but if it ever happened to me I would go medeival on my gunsmith's behind. And have. Problem seems to be though is he works downstairs in the room that's got all MY tools in it.

I was so pissed when Eric was telling me everything and Eric was calm as a cucumber. Maybe it's the "gettin ready to get married" thing, I don't know.

Hmmm.... or he already called in the hit and was feeling better about it.... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

and now to crow about a good one....

I was obviously in a jam. Derek Janowicz at Millenium picked up the ball and ran with it.

Last Saturday during the walkthrough he delivered my new gun. Zero malfs and HOA limited.

Thanks Derek.

post-551-1137642522_thumb.jpg

Nice looking piece, DP.

I think Merlin touched upon it early in this thread.

If you had to go to BF MO to pick up your stuff, then it is METH!

Meth has ruined that guy, I'm speculating here. MO is the meth capital of the States if not the world.

Lots of rural places with enough farmers using anhydrous to fertilize their fields.

The A & E channel just ran a special this week on meth and the collateral damage it causes. It's focus for the whole show was just one county in MO (where Pacific or Pevely MO, IIRC).

Especially if the guy doesn't sleep and is always out in the shop.

Things that make you go "mmmmm.........".

Sorry to hear about your ordeal.

Chills