Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Bag

Luke Fay

Ok all.

We have posted about the good, the bad, now it it time for the ugly, what does a Revo shooter put in a range bag or on their person to keep evil spirts, competiter hexas, and the Boogey man or woman at bay. So lets hear it, the spiderman uderwear, the luck rabbit's foot, or that last silver bullet you save for yourself.

Luke

A revolver and an Auto are two very diferent animals when it comes to the MOjo

Or "Medicine Bag" The Auto must have the Magazine =Medicine, the feading and cycling Medicine. the please don't Jam Medicine.

But my Revolver, is all it takes it that nice 'Click" when the cylinder closes. The Revolver is its own Mojo Medicine all by it self.

Some times If I can't get going in the morning I will just open my revolver bag to take a look, and thats a pickmeup for the rest of the day.

Does that make me "BI" I like Revolver and Autos. :wacko:

OK, Luke:

I wouldn't exactly call it a good luck piece, but it always gives me a good feeling to see the Master Blaster patch that my wife sewed on the outside of my range bag. Pin-shooting is where it all began for me, and many fond memories are invoked when I think about the day Richard Davis threw that patch at me (along with a couple thousand dollars in cash) from his roost.

post-4033-1134777866_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carmoney

You should see what Vic Pickett carries in his range Bag!!!!! :o

It's too horrifying to describe, but it involves VooDoo!!!!! :o:blink::unsure:

Attack of the killer rubber chicken...

mmmm tastes like chicken.

Dave Wilson

Vic, carries like a dozen different things in his bag, we added a $2 note to his lucky jar at the last IRC. Can't forget his blow up sheep "Lucy" either. :D

You should see what Vic Pickett carries in his range Bag!!!!! :o

It's too horrifying to describe, but it involves VooDoo!!!!! :o:blink::unsure:

Attack of the killer rubber chicken...

mmmm tastes like chicken.

Dave Wilson

Vic, carries like a dozen different things in his bag, we added a $2 note to his lucky jar at the last IRC. Can't forget his blow up sheep "Lucy" either. :D

I like Vic, But not enofe to look in Vic's bag, ,Not now ,Not, after hearing that Mike keeps a big piano player in his bag. :blink:

Edited by AlamoShooter

For those that care;

I use my range bag almost everyday. I am the Senior Rangemaster at a Nuclear Facility.

Things I always have packed in a small bag.

A small hand towel - wipes sweat, covers gun from sun or rain, wipes rain, gun rest, neck cover, elbow or knee pad, gun disassembly mat, etc., etc.

Sunblock

Boonie hat - can be rolled up and used on days I forget my other hat

Earmuffs

Earplugs - several pair in small bags

Small pair of 7 power binoculars

Small roll of toilet paper - lense cleaner, hankerchief, and the obvious

Plastic mechanical pencil

Small notebook for making notes, logging score, getting phone numbers

Small cheap calculator - to check the RO's math

Shooting glasses in a couple of colors - clear, yellow, green, brown the day can change.

A pair of spare belt keepers - you never know what is going to come loose on race day.

Toothpicks - I call them hillbilly breathright strips. Keeps me from holding my breath.

Pair of mechanics gloves - Sometimes you have to do a little repair work you weren't planning on.

Scoring overlays and plugs

Small screwdriver - sight adjustments, tightening main springs, grips, etc.

Toothbrush - cleaning crud out of gun, cleaning teeth if phone number is acquired.

PopTarts - come in foil pouch, stays good for weeks, never know when munchies will hit, and the closest food is hours and miles away.

Hope this helps someone.

Jim