Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX basepad set screw - Thread info?

rougeqc21

On 1/24/2023 at 5:12 PM, rougeqc21 said:

Anyone know the thread pitch / thread size for MBX basepads?

Lost one and they don't have it on the site and haven't responded to email or phone.

https://mbxextreme.com/index.php?page=Magazines_Basepad_Repair_Kit

this is what you’re looking for.   Comes with the pin set screw and lil piece of rubber.  

If you only need the little rubber plug you can cut a piece of shock-buff to fit and it works ok.

The repair kit from MBX should be ordered when you order mags from them.  I neglected to, so had to improvise.  Next time I order a mag I'm including a repair kit. 

On 1/26/2023 at 9:27 PM, dtuns said:

you can get a pack of 10 with a nylon tip for $9.63

https://www.mcmaster.com/90291A103/

Yeah, for future reference, they are 4-40 thread set screws. I had ordered both 48 and 40 TPI from McMaster to sort this out haha.

P/N 94115A103 is a 10 pack of 1/8'' alloy steel nylon-tip screws
P/N 91375A717 is a 50 pack of 1/8'' alloy steel cup-points 

That MBX does not send out repair kits at no charge is insane.  It is a manufacturing defect.  They did not properly threadlock the screw when they installed it.  I've had that happen twice with TTI base pads.  They mail you out a small pouch with three of everything in it.  No charge.  I fixed the pads in both instances and have a spare set if it ever happens again.

13 minutes ago, zzt said:

That MBX does not send out repair kits at no charge is insane.  It is a manufacturing defect.  They did not properly threadlock the screw when they installed it.  I've had that happen twice with TTI base pads.  They mail you out a small pouch with three of everything in it.  No charge.  I fixed the pads in both instances and have a spare set if it ever happens again.

Same here. I had a screw seized up in a TTI base pad. They sent me a new basepad without hesitation after I sent them the bad one.