Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red dot slide milling specifically for 1911/2011

cheers623

I've been doing research but not coming up with many options. Anyone have recommendations for a shop that will mill for plates or direct mount? I asked about CHPWS and got mixed reviews. I had one of my Open guns done by Primary Machine and it was great...but they don't work on 1911s anymore. Others? Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

I used CHPWS for most recent optic cut, and D2 for most recent serrations and sight cuts. I'll probably stick with D2 for the time being, CHPWS was quick, but coating quality was wanting. 

With D2 be specific with what you want - had him thread a barrel for a cone comp and forgot to ask to have the front of the slide milled to match (the 1° cut to match barrel at lockup). Not a big deal, but learned to be more specific in the future.

I just had Vulcan Machine Werks mill an STI Maurader slide for their optics plate and refinish in DLC. I’m extremely pleased with the results and will have them do another for me soon. Email them first to ensure you get exactly what you want - they are very good with communication.  

https://vulcanmachinewerks.com/

• 3 weeks later...

$475 total, which included the slide cut, optic plate with screws, cowitness sights front/back, DLC slide refinish and return shipping.  The dimensions, fit and finish were perfect.

Accuracy X Multi-Sight Racker Module

Easy LO option. 

Your results may vary, but ...

Machined the pocket to tightly fit the plate, three 6-32 holes down the center. 

Indicated off of the breech face and took it down to the top of a Bomar pin stop.

Removed some extra material since I was under the hood anyway.

Mount 1.jpg

Mount 2.jpg

Edited by xrrcr