Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plastic Barrel Disposal

Sarge

1 hour ago, GigG said:

You local dump won't take 'em?

I’m checking with them this week but a few local opinions have been they may need cut into pieces, recycled not trashed etc. can’t have 40 barrels in my driveway lol. Thought maybe others had “been there done that “

I had about 8 I had to do away with years ago. Our town has a recycle & excess garbage location (known as the dump) and I stuck them in the back of my truck an dumped them in the plastics dumpster.  

It was after hours.

we go through alot of them buying glycol. if they are in good shape the people who sell it will take them back clean them and reuse them but charge $50 each. We took to cutting them up. They cut up very easy with a sawzall using a wood blade. we have a dumpster so I usually just 1/4 them and they stack nice. You could always cut smaller though. They take us about 3-5 min each

Sargs, if you don't have a sawzall, a circular saw with a carbide tipped blade will make extremely short work of cutting them up. We use 1/2" thick pieces of UHMW plastic as target for a nightly range shoot, and we use the circular saw to cut the UHMW. Carbide tipped blade goes through it like it was warm butter.

• 1 month later...