Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 320,s

usmc1974

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, X5SigChris said:

I don’t think it’ll happen. Icarus has that market kind of right now and they aren’t authorized for CO. Then sig already has the AGX frame that some people have switched too. I honestly may give it a try myself. 

Those are both aluminum.

The AXG with Lok brass grip panels/backstrap may as well be steel. I dont compete but I run my 320 with comp on an AXG and it shoots. I just picked up an erubus and my sig currently out shoots it. My guess is that once I have a couple thousand rounds though it that wont be the case.

My guess is when there was a run on 320 legions early on in covid people were overbuying them. the hype may of had people picking up 3-4 of them and now things have died down a bit and people are offloading extras. It could also be there are some new contenders.

59 minutes ago, m700 said:

The AXG with Lok brass grip panels/backstrap may as well be steel. I dont compete but I run my 320 with comp on an AXG and it shoots.

I am not running the Brass back strap, just the stock back strap with the brass panels.  I do not feel like its a steel gun and it weighs less than my Legions.  For me its the perfect weight.  I have an Athena, and I think the Sig AXG Pro with the TSA trigger and Barstow Barrel is pretty on Par with it.  Not completely as accurate but damn close.  The thing is pretty amazing, and I think it blows away any 5" P320 variant.   Now that it seems that LO might be a thing, it might not see much use, lol.  

7 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

I am not running the Brass back strap, just the stock back strap with the brass panels.  I do not feel like its a steel gun and it weighs less than my Legions.  For me its the perfect weight.  I have an Athena, and I think the Sig AXG Pro with the TSA trigger and Barstow Barrel is pretty on Par with it.  Not completely as accurate but damn close.  The thing is pretty amazing, and I think it blows away any 5" P320 variant.   Now that it seems that LO might be a thing, it might not see much use, lol.  

I hadnt weighed them but axg seems to be about 3oz heavier with grips. im running pmm barrel/comp on norso slide so I had to lose the tungsten guide rod and i have not purchased tungsten grip weight. The overall feel of the AXG setup seems to be a weight shift to the rear and a better feel on the grip for me.

It is amazing that 2,000 can be pretty competitive vs 5-7k depending on which atlas. The atlas is hands down nicer but you can rip on a 2k gun.

2 minutes ago, m700 said:

i have not purchased tungsten grip weight.

I will not be making that purchase.  Not needed in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, m700 said:

The atlas is hands down nicer but you can rip on a 2k gun.

Agreed.  Pretty amazing setup.  The AXG grip is great.  Most likely will replacing a log of other P320 grips.  

5 hours ago, m700 said:

I hadnt weighed them but axg seems to be about 3oz heavier with grips. im running pmm barrel/comp on norso slide so I had to lose the tungsten guide rod and i have not purchased tungsten grip weight. The overall feel of the AXG setup seems to be a weight shift to the rear and a better feel on the grip for me.

It is amazing that 2,000 can be pretty competitive vs 5-7k depending on which atlas. The atlas is hands down nicer but you can rip on a 2k gun.

Can you even put a grip weight in the AXG grip module?

9 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Now that it seems that LO might be a thing, it might not see much use, lol.  

Oh come oooonnnnnn! All the real cool kids shoot CO in LO. Hahaha. Yes. I’m just jealous I don’t have an atlas yet 

34 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

I think everyone will be surprised on how many striker guns will move to LO because they want to run a magwell.

I’ll be one of them. Because the next 2011 will have a big ole comp on it and a dot that doesn’t go back and forth

On 1/9/2023 at 5:45 PM, ddc said:

I was under the impression you could. but No apparently you cant. I opened mine up last night.

4 hours ago, m700 said:

No apparently you cant

I did the same.  No slot for the weight like in the Poly or TXG grip modules.  I think the thought there is the back strap is removable.  Weight can be introduced there.  

There physically is not enough room on the grip for both a removable backstrap and a slot for the grip weight.

47 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

I did the same.  No slot for the weight like in the Poly or TXG grip modules.  I think the thought there is the back strap is removable.  Weight can be introduced there.  

There physically is not enough room on the grip for both a removable backstrap and a slot for the grip weight.

Was thinking I can drill the top of my brass backstrap and insert tig tungstens, cap with a bit of epoxy then slide back in. Im not sure its worth it though.tungsten is more than 2x denser but im not sure how much I would get in. If I got 1/2 of a cubic inch in I would pick up 2.5 oz

9 minutes ago, m700 said:

Was thinking I can drill the top of my brass backstrap and insert tig tungstens, cap with a bit of epoxy then slide back in. Im not sure its worth it though.tungsten is more than 2x denser but im not sure how much I would get in. If I got 1/2 of a cubic inch in I would pick up 2.5 o

You could but I cannot imagine it is worth the effort.  People get too hung up on making their guns heavy.  If you have a 5" P320 put it on the clock against your current AXG.  I imagine it won't be slower.  

On 1/9/2023 at 4:45 PM, ddc said:

I always wondered why everybody wanted to make a full size 9 mm heavier. It really don't have any recoil as it is. Would you really wanna carry around a heavy weighted gun 24/7

4 hours ago, m700 said:

Was thinking I can drill the top of my brass backstrap and insert tig tungstens, cap with a bit of epoxy then slide back in. Im not sure its worth it though.tungsten is more than 2x denser but im not sure how much I would get in. If I got 1/2 of a cubic inch in I would pick up 2.5 oz

It would be similar to adding the tungsten grip weight vs the steel in the TXG.  My wife and I HATED it.  I personally would not mess with it.  

2 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

I always wondered why everybody wanted to make a full size 9 mm heavier.

For gaming purposes it makes some since to add some weight to mitigate muzzle flip.  In a carry situation I do not feel it does.  Problem is that people see the max limit for say a CO gun is 59oz and think they need to add all kinds of weight.  Far from the truth.  The weight helps, until it doesn't.  Different weights of pistols are going to work for different people, however I do not see the benefit of a CO gun weighing more than 45 oz and that is heavier than I prefer.  Where the weight is added will also differ from pistol to pistol.  

7 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

For gaming purposes it makes some since to add some weight to mitigate muzzle flip.  In a carry situation I do not feel it does.  Problem is that people see the max limit for say a CO gun is 59oz and think they need to add all kinds of weight.  Far from the truth.  The weight helps, until it doesn't.  Different weights of pistols are going to work for different people, however I do not see the benefit of a CO gun weighing more than 45 oz and that is heavier than I prefer.  Where the weight is added will also differ from pistol to pistol.  

I agree with you 100% and I feel the life is more important than the game. My carry optics gun is a Smith and Wesson M&P2.0 metal, with a green holosun 507C Straight out the box. It is my do everything gun. But this is just me.

5 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

You could but I cannot imagine it is worth the effort.  People get too hung up on making their guns heavy.  If you have a 5" P320 put it on the clock against your current AXG.  I imagine it won't be slower.  

I definitely will not be doing it. I was just thinking theoretically it would be possible. Im done modding this 320 I think shes perfect. I am building a fcu I have and keep going to order parts and in my mind I just wanna build a match for this one so I havent pulled the trigger on it In reality I should probably build the same uncomped

le. Inked20221127_120810_44.thumb.jpg.2c1dae3724d2fecd3fdf290bd2e7e8ed.jpg