Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best P320 FCU armorer block?

erwos

I'm about to install a TSA competition kit into my P320 X5L. This is my first time doing FCU work, and I would like to give myself the best chance possible to not have things go horribly awry. I see Grey Guns and TSA (and maybe others?) offer an armorer block for working on FCUs. Does anyone have a clear preference?

A piece of scrap 2x4 will work in a pinch.

To make it a little more user friendly drill a hole or two of various sizes to drive pins through or help anchor the fcu.

Use your imagination and you can get something that will work for free.

I can say I did mine without a block. However, having one may have made it easier. If I do another I will buy it this time. It was my first time so I’m sure that didn’t help but it can’t hurt… other than the wallet a touch 

Like most tools, some are not necessary to get the job done.  Some tool are purchased to make your life easier.  The TSA block is one such tool.  Not necessary, but makes life easier.  If you maintain your guns with some sort or regularity, most likely worth the purchase.  If you never clean it, or mod it, or shoot all that much it is most likely a waste of funds.  

Edited by Boomstick303

• 2 weeks later...

Edmond (SIG Mechanics) collaborated with Robert (TSA) to develop a V2 of the TSA Access Tool.  Should be available soon..........

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnLD9BsLLm3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

BTW, have really old steel armorer blocks, CZ delrin blocks, 1911/2011 blocks, and the trusty roll of masking tape; and have found the TSA Access Tool along with good quality roll pin, pin punch, and roll pin holders is all I need for the P320 pistols.........

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/general-gunsmith-tools/punches/index.htm

Good tools are a life-long investment!

👍

Edited by HOGRIDER
update

20 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

good quality roll pin, pin punch, and roll pin holders is all I need

Id have to say these are good for anyone that is tinkering with firearms. I can’t tell you how many roll pins I’ve lost or mushroomed on gas blocks or trigger guards building rifles. Buying the right tool for the job may suck at the time but totally worth it. 

Edited by X5SigChris