Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Action Optics pics

mscott

I was going to put a picture but it's apparently too big and I don't know how to resize it cause technology.

So picture a Springfield prodigy 4.25, completely stock right now. Also picture an SRO setting off to the side because I don't have the damn plate yet, because Springfield's not sending them out just yet. Will probably end up with a small magwell as well. 

I shot a small match and shot it in open yesterday with iron sights just so I can test out the 26 round mags. So far works good LOL 

Can't wait for some Sao carry-ops. Really don't understand having a division where people wished they had another gun LOL

Not there yet, but progress. Going to cut some weight out of the slide and add a steel MSH and maybe a tungsten guide rod. I'm aiming to keep it under the 45 oz weight limit so it can double as a IDPA gun. Not sure what to do with the finish on the slide, the company that did the frame for me will no longer do polished tin. It's stainless, maybe I'll just polish it as is. 

I have a RMR plate, for now I'll either got 407c or 509t again depending on weight. The 509 is about a ounce heavier with the adapter plate.

Next job is fit a new grip safety because that one isn't working and IDPA says it needs to work. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5b4c6b93215e1ad732b9a20c79f14e4b.jpeg

On 12/4/2022 at 5:38 PM, RJH said:

I was going to put a picture but it's apparently too big and I don't know how to resize it cause technology.

So picture a Springfield prodigy 4.25, completely stock right now. Also picture an SRO setting off to the side because I don't have the damn plate yet, because Springfield's not sending them out just yet. Will probably end up with a small magwell as well. 

I shot a small match and shot it in open yesterday with iron sights just so I can test out the 26 round mags. So far works good LOL 

Can't wait for some Sao carry-ops. Really don't understand having a division where people wished they had another gun LOL

On my phone, (samsung) go to gallery, find photo, click edit (looks like crayon) then three dots on bottom right then resize and save. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 5:17 PM, mscott said:

With all the chatter and speculation, let’s see them. Who’s ready?

CB7C5571-8630-4795-8347-FC6F9349B6E5.jpeg

Seeeeee. This is what I wanted to do with my edge but every builder I’ve talked to in the past local-ish to me isn’t taking on modification orders. 

looks awesome! Who did you use? 

5 hours ago, X5SigChris said:

Seeeeee. This is what I wanted to do with my edge but every builder I’ve talked to in the past local-ish to me isn’t taking on modification orders. 

looks awesome! Who did you use? 

Thanks. I did the work myself. I have a lathe and mill at home so I can take care of my own work when desired.

42 minutes ago, mscott said:

Thanks. I did the work myself. I have a lathe and mill at home so I can take care of my own work when desired.

That’s awesome. I’d imagine if you already knew how to use that kind of equipment so you remove a lot of trial and error cost, it pays for itself rather quickly in this hobby 

• 9 months later...