Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WTH Glock sights

floater

With all the Oregon BS a picked up a gen 5 mos 34, took it out today and put 100 round through it and with the stupid stock sights I didn't miss. I mean anything I tried to hit I did, this thing was literally a laser beam, anything I pointed at It hit. The  thing is I have shot Glocks for awhile and this is the first time I was able just take a stock glock and hit anything I pointed it at. Even at what I like to thing is speed I was hitting over and over again. Are the stock Glock sights  really that bad?   

Them being plastic is the biggest issue, they will not stand up to hard use. I also don't like the white dot and white "U" combo, it just throws me off. I much prefer a traditional black rear notch and red fiber optic front, and typically use a Dawson set on a Glock that won't get a red dot. The only Glock I haven't changed the sights on is my 19x, which came with metal tritium sights. 

16 hours ago, floater said:

With all the Oregon BS a picked up a gen 5 mos 34, took it out today and put 100 round through it and with the stupid stock sights I didn't miss. I mean anything I tried to hit I did, this thing was literally a laser beam, anything I pointed at It hit. The  thing is I have shot Glocks for awhile and this is the first time I was able just take a stock glock and hit anything I pointed it at. Even at what I like to thing is speed I was hitting over and over again. Are the stock Glock sights  really that bad?   

You should consider backing up one more step to keep the powder burns off your target…

;)

It was snowing so I was shooting at 25 yards from under cover, but you're right stepping is the best way to get humbled.

7 hours ago, Cuz said:

You should consider backing up one more step to keep the powder burns off your target…

;)

Copy, I'm not normal. All the Glocks I've had I shoot better with the stock sights, just wondering if anyone other than myself has the same experience. I did put some TTI sights on my G3 19 and do shoot it well, but I have a G4 and G3 34 with Dawson's and shot them better with the stock sights, but the funny thing is I prefer the sight picture with the Dawson sights. 

23 hours ago, floater said:

Copy, I'm not normal. All the Glocks I've had I shoot better with the stock sights, just wondering if anyone other than myself has the same experience. I did put some TTI sights on my G3 19 and do shoot it well, but I have a G4 and G3 34 with Dawson's and shot them better with the stock sights, but the funny thing is I prefer the sight picture with the Dawson sights. 

Shoot what works for you. I like the stock sights but I black out the rear with a sharpie. The thick from sight makes you more accurate. 

• 11 months later...