Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2023 World Pistol Shootout - Gordon, Tx

5 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

Been telling people about this. Will you let us know about rules updates to check out?

thanks for your help spreading the word.  I’ll post here when the next version of the rulebook is posted. 

I want to get a stage or two out soon so folks know what kind of flavor they can expect. Expect them to be closer to an IPSC style in terms of hit factor / technicality. Being an unsanctioned match, we’re able to do some interesting things that would normally not be allowed within the rules we’re familiar with here in the US. I am trying to find that balance of interesting and challenging without being cheesy. 

2 minutes ago, TheSandMan491 said:

thanks for your help spreading the word.  I’ll post here when the next version of the rulebook is posted. 

I want to get a stage or two out soon so folks know what kind of flavor they can expect. Expect them to be closer to an IPSC style in terms of hit factor / technicality. Being an unsanctioned match, we’re able to do some interesting things that would normally not be allowed within the rules we’re familiar with here in the US. I am trying to find that balance of interesting and challenging without being cheesy. 

Do nothing Area 3 match has ever done hahaha.

It may be only Texas shooters I reach, but I try.

1 minute ago, rowdyb said:

Do nothing Area 3 match has ever done hahaha.

It may be only Texas shooters I reach, but I try.

ha! Noted. 

It seems there’s a lot of shooters underserved in Texas after Triple C closed down. Lot of demand, just need to coax them out. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, marco207p said:

I have no idea how this match goes:  can anyone explain it a little better for someone who has only shot USPSA ?  

None of us know, this is the first one.

Edited by rowdyb

5 hours ago, marco207p said:

I have no idea how this match goes:  can anyone explain it a little better for someone who has only shot USPSA ?  

the match will have a similar look and feel for you, depending on how stages tend to be built in your area. They will be technical (think IPSC without the 3/2/1 rule), and will offer options

Anyone else having issues registering now, after 12/31?  Seems like even with the stripe online payment not working, the registration is still requiring a payment, but obviously that isn't working either, so the MD needs to remove the payment requirement before we can squad?  

Best Regards,

Joe Sanchez

1 hour ago, marco207p said:

Anyone else having issues registering now, after 12/31?  Seems like even with the stripe online payment not working, the registration is still requiring a payment, but obviously that isn't working either, so the MD needs to remove the payment requirement before we can squad?  

Best Regards,

Joe Sanchez

Joe - I just sent your issue to the guy approving registrations. I’ll have you an answer tomorrow. Thanks for your patience. 

8 hours ago, TheSandMan491 said:

Joe - I just sent your issue to the guy approving registrations. I’ll have you an answer tomorrow. Thanks for your patience. 

Joe - we’ve corrected the registration form so that it doesn’t require payment at time of registration. Our new credit card processor - Clarent - will be up soon. But it shouldn’t block you from registering now. 

Edited by TheSandMan491

A little short notice, and the weather in the great white north looks like it isn't going to be real agreeable to practice in the near future. Thanks Infinity for putting out something fun for shooters. Will look for it next year, if you can put it on again.

4 hours ago, bofe954 said:

A little short notice, and the weather in the great white north looks like it isn't going to be real agreeable to practice in the near future. Thanks Infinity for putting out something fun for shooters. Will look for it next year, if you can put it on again.

My hope is that folks see it as an early season warm-up. Whether that's as a reality check before the main season, or a goal to stay training over winter, that's how I see it as a northener. With everything we have planned for attendees, and with it being an un-sanctioned match, I hope it'll be a fun time without performance expectations like say a Nationals or Area match would have for some people.

It's two divisions.  

• Performance Carry = optics, minor @ 125+ pf, no comps, shoots on Sat. 3/18
  • Unlimited = optics, major @ 150+ pf, comps ok, shoots on Sun. 3/19
Edited by ltdmstr