Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2023 World Pistol Shootout - Gordon, Tx

http://worldpistolshootout.com/

Dates: March 17-19, 2023

Price: $225

Prize Structure: Cash Payout

Divisions:
Performance Optics - slide ride optics with minor PF. Magwells allowed. 
Unlimited - frame mounted optics allowed, compensators allowed, major PF of 150

Our goal with this match is to provide a high quality match experience to all competitors, with perks for both the beginner shooter and the best in the world. You can count on three main pillars from the staff: safety, competitive equity, and shooter experience.

• Is the match affiliated with any sanctioning bodies / organizations?
  • No, the match is not affiliated with any sanctioning bodies. We have our own rulebook, with safety and equipment rules that will be familiar to most competitors active in shooting today
  • What will the stages be like?
    • The stages will test a wide variety of shooting skills. They will blend modern and classic aspects of practical pistol shooting.  There will be a variety of small, medium, and long courses of fire.  Anyone should be able to finish the stages without penalty given enough time, but only the best will be able to round off the edges and really push the speed.

Edited by TheSandMan491

Cost?

And there seem to be a couple of conflicting things in the rules, anywhere to get clarification on which is correct?

And any idea on how many stages?

Also can you see this range from I-20? I was driving down I-20 the other day and saw a range or at least the beginning of one close to the highway

Looks interesting overall

26 minutes ago, RJH said:

Cost?

And there seem to be a couple of conflicting things in the rules, anywhere to get clarification on which is correct?

Also can you see this range from I-20? I was driving down I-20 the other day and saw a range or at least the beginning of one close to the highway

can you send me a message on the conflicts you’re seeing? We’ve been over it a few times but we could have missed something. 

cost is TBD, hoping to get that ironed out very soon. I will post updates in this thread as they’re available. 

10 stages 

yes you can see if off of I-20

24 minutes ago, TheSandMan491 said:

can you send me a message on the conflicts you’re seeing? We’ve been over it a few times but we could have missed something. 

cost is TBD, hoping to get that ironed out very soon. I will post updates in this thread as they’re available. 

10 stages 

yes you can see if off of I-20

Pm sent 

Be interested on the updates and cost, and when registration would open. Not too far from me and it looks like something that I would like to give a try 👍🏻

8 minutes ago, RJH said:

Pm sent 

Be interested on the updates and cost, and when registration would open. Not too far from me and it looks like something that I would like to give a try 👍🏻

Thank You for taking the time to give us feedback. I’ll go through it and bring it up with the guys creating the rules. 

15 hours ago, RJH said:

Cost?

You can see the burm than wraps around the property and the front of the building.  It's on the North side of IH20.

On 11/25/2022 at 9:10 PM, TheSandMan491 said:

Thank You for taking the time to give us feedback. I’ll go through it and bring it up with the guys creating the rules. 

Here's my feedback

Contradiction:

• 1.5 Magwells are permitted
  • 1.9 Competitor may not intentionally add additional weight to a firearm

This can be interpreted to mean that if your pistol didn't come with a magwell from the mfg, you can't add one.  There are other items like grip panels and guide rods made of heavier metals that also fall in this ambiguity.  Maybe re-write 1.9 as "modifications whose only function is to add weight are prohibited". 

Unclear

• 4.5. “Appendix” positioning of holsters is forbidden.  How far fwd of the hip bone is "appendix positioning"?
  • Don't use "should" where the intention is to require something.  "Should" is not the same as "shall", "must", or "will".  Example, see 3.1.1.3.1.
Edited by Johnny_Chimpo