Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

czechmate barrels!?

ringram

Ok, so for about 2 years now Ive been trying to find and obtain a replacement czechmate barrel.

Does anyone know where I can get one or more from?

My A series Czechmate barrel broke, so trying to get a replacement, preferrably the newer D series...

Help :(

20 hours ago, ringram said:

Ok, so for about 2 years now Ive been trying to find and obtain a replacement czechmate barrel.

Does anyone know where I can get one or more from?

My A series Czechmate barrel broke, so trying to get a replacement, preferrably the newer D series...

Help :(

CZ won’t send you a replacement?

6 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

You could order one from Bar-Sto as well and have them thread it for you

curious, which one would one order for a TS frame? The sp01 barrel or the S2 barrel? Then just have them thread for cone comp, right?

24 minutes ago, Arcrunner said:

curious, which one would one order for a TS frame? The sp01 barrel or the S2 barrel? Then just have them thread for cone comp, right?

Tell them you have a TS, it's basically same OD as SP-01 (0.55")

H

25 minutes ago, Arcrunner said:

Here's my TSO with Bar-Sto extended barrel and clamp-on comp:

11 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

You could order one from Bar-Sto as well and have them thread it for you

Nope. They said they would not take the 14x1 thread. But yes they make them long enough. Basically a 5.2" shadow 2 barrel.. Threaded.. 

11 hours ago, ringram said:

Nope. They said they would not take the 14x1 thread. But yes they make them long enough. Basically a 5.2" shadow 2 barrel.. Threaded.. 

if they won’t thread it for you that pitch, and the checkmate uses a 5.2” barrel which is the same as the tac sport you could get a normal tac sport barrel I just have a threaded. Have you tried asking cz custom? They also have a threaded tactical sport barrel but it’s a different pitch I think, You could put a normal 2011 comp on it

Screwed for a while yes. Though CZ just got back to me with a tentative date for some more barrels. 3 months +

Fortunately the guns come with 2. But if you shoot a good amount, its very likely you will break the lugs. Especially on the older series. The newer ones have a redesigned slidelock lug.

3 hours ago, PhotoRecon said:

Is the A you refer to the prefix on the serial number?

I assume that's what OP is referring to. CZ made the design change to the barrel lug sometime during the B-series from my research, so all As and some Bs have the old thinner lugs (same as other CZ barrels), and some Bs and all Cs have the thicker lugs. I'm not sure when the D series started, but I have seen photos somewhere where a D series gun had an interesting barrel that had a round insert in the lug; I'm not sure if that is a change across all the D series guns or if it's just CZ playing parts mix-n-match 

I haven't really heard about lug breakage being an issue with the newer barrels with thicker lugs, certainly not in the <10k rounds timeframe the original ones were known to fail at. 

6 minutes ago, regor said:

I have seen photos somewhere where a D series gun had an interesting barrel that had a round insert in the lug; I'm not sure if that is a change across all the D series guns or if it's just CZ playing parts mix-n-match 

Found the photo. 

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).png

If you line the barrels up side by side you will see the newer ones have a longer lockup lug from where they used to beak. From memory 0.17" vs 0.20" or there about at the front. Basically it was from unlocking that they used to break. See pic below.

20221201_093929.thumb.jpg.4ba0993e7d9e3ca7bc06053e80d3545b.jpg

Edited by ringram