Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

timer?

turfgun

4 hours ago, Sarge said:

If you absolutely need one in a hurry go to shooters connection and buy a pocket pro

Why pocket pro? If anything, look at the ProTimer BT, that is if you don't want to wait for the AMG one.

The Pocket Pro is a discontinued device and CE website (the manufacturer of these timers) also shows this warning

image.thumb.png.8766ef6f127ba1873d87b6c0b07b19a9.png

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, pmspaul said:

I’ve been leaning toward picking up this one for a little while now. Anyone have a good reason not to?

I've had friends that report waterproofing issues with the PACT 3. I have one and have used it in snow and had no issues, but apparently I'm pretty unique in that regard.

Would also like to add that I have no clue about the waterproofing (or lack thereof) qualities of other timers.

Edited by VeilAndrew

34 minutes ago, VeilAndrew said:

I've had friends that report waterproofing issues with the PACT 3. I have one and have used it in snow and had no issues, but apparently I'm pretty unique in that regard.

Would also like to add that I have no clue about the waterproofing (or lack thereof) qualities of other timers.

I've had no issues but I dont shoot much in the rain- the days that I have didn't cause problems. Used mine nearly daily now for 2 years and haven't even replaced batteries yet. Did have to tape over the buzzer because it's very loud and high pitched for indoor dry fire compared to the CE timers

15 hours ago, VeilAndrew said:

How waterproof it is really isn't much of a factor for me.  The mistake I've made is going farther down this rabbit hole than I meant to.  I went from just getting the Pact 3 because it's simple, to really liking the AMG Commander.  Since getting one of those in a timely fashion seems unlikely, I'm also considering the CED7000.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 2:19 AM, Pmatte1 said:

Been using the RangeTech Bluetooth one.  Reads out on your phone app.  Super easy to see and lot of detail without cycling through a regular shot timer

Good cheap timer

I recommend the ShooterGlobal Timer that thing is awesome.