Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning p320 mag extensions

Rich406

On 10/25/2022 at 4:02 PM, rowdyb said:

And they should change the word primary to only. Primary implies there is an acceptable secondary. 

I read that to mean the secondary is  a ruler.  If the pad doesnt conform,,, cant really see how a pad wouldnt conform unless it didnt fit,,, but thats what it says.
It also says  THE GUAGE,,,  singular,, the gauges..plural.
Way that is written,, other gauges are meaningless and shouldnt be for official use.

3 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

I read that to mean the secondary is  a ruler.  If the pad doesnt conform,,, cant really see how a pad wouldnt conform unless it didnt fit,,, but thats what it says.
It also says  THE GUAGE,,,  singular,, the gauges..plural.
Way that is written,, other gauges are meaningless and shouldnt be for official use.

According to your interpretation…

On 10/27/2022 at 8:37 AM, Bakerjd said:

So with the P320 and having been to 10+ majors where they checked mags I have found that not all EGW gauges are made to an exacting measurement. All of my mags passed at matches and failed at other matches within weeks of each other. So I started measuring different EGW gauges and found they are in fact different. The crux of the issue with the P320 and the gauge is the very back of the feed lips. The angle is not good for maximizing length in the EGW gauge. 

If you have actually done that and not documented and sent your results to NROI you are not doing USPSA or your fellow shooters any favors.

3 hours ago, GigG said:

If you have actually done that and not documented and sent your results to NROI you are not doing USPSA or your fellow shooters any favors.

Why would you try and imply I didn't do that or I made this up? 

2 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Why would you try and imply I didn't do that or I made this up? 

I'm not implying anything of the sort. But if I had gone to the trouble of doing it I would have documented it and gotten that info to the DNROI.

32 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Makes sense. 
these things should be handled like safety is in a large company. 
once a safety issue or in this case and inconsistency in measuring devices has been Brought to the attention of management they HAVE TO address it and correct it. 

I'm not the only person this has happened to and USPSA knows about it. You are assuming USPSA will do something. Terrible assumption. 

I assume nothing nowadays. 
If they choose not to address an issue that’s been brought to there attention! we’ll,that says a lot ! 
Id lose respect and confidence that there acting in the best interest of fair competition. 
Sometimes people do the right thing on there own ,sometimes it takes a push and somethings it takes a hammer to get them to do the right thing. 
If it was my responsibility to maintain a fair level of competition and take a variable out there could cause issues.
mid jump on that and it be priority. 
but that’s me.  

23 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

I'm not the only person this has happened to and USPSA knows about it. You are assuming USPSA will do something. Terrible assumption. 

You are the only person that I have seen write, "So I started measuring different EGW gauges and found they are in fact different."

59 minutes ago, GigG said:

You are the only person that I have seen write, "So I started measuring different EGW gauges and found they are in fact different."

Out of all the people who shoot uspsa you think they all come to enos forum to talk about it?