Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe

Liota

Just saw it tonight. Good movie.

The special effects were very well done. Blending between live action and CGI was excellent. With few exceptions, dialogue was nearly word perfect with the book. I read the book the other night. The movie length turned out to be just about right.

The story itself is very good.

Liota

It was Lion King joined Arthur's Round Table for the battle in the Lord of the Rings. But this actress, a newcomer (and like 6 years old?) Georgie Henley was unbeliebable! Her innocence and carefree smile were so radiating and believable, I whole heartedly got "enchanted." Just watch her run with smile, you can feel the entire emotional world of Narnia.

And CG was like I couldn't even tell if its CG. industry came so much in just 1 year.

Then there's this thing I am such a sucker of... to sacrifice one's life for save other. Watching that scene, being bound and have pride and dignity taken away, was sooooo painful I was crying river. It same kinda scene I cried in Last of the Mochicans... that this guy volunteer to be excuted inplace of his loved one. What accelated my downpour is that his love enemy sniped him clean from save him from the pain of burned alive. The intention of that one single bullet and pull of the triger is a love like nothing else.

Ooops I didn't notice there's other thread started already. Sorry can you move and delete this thread? thanks!

Edited by Rikarin

+1

We sat in the back row of a theater that held 500, probably 350 of that were kids and they were all HYPNOTIZED. The cast, the acting, the way it's filmed & directed, its easy to just get lost in that whole story world.

On the way out we heard dozens of parents saying something like: "Yes, yes, you can come back and see it again - I promise."

The movie should make a huge profit in spite of the predictions from [liberal, atheist] Hollywood insiders.

• 2 weeks later...

3QT,

Don't know if you saw it yet yet, but this is one that's worth seeing on the big screen, I believe. I'm not a big movie goer, but we (me, the wife, and the kids) all loved it. The kids are teenagers now but they remembered the stories from when I read them to them years ago. Hopefully there'll be more movies to come...

Regards,

Todd

3QT,

Don't know if you saw it yet yet, but this is one that's worth seeing on the big screen, I believe. I'm not a big movie goer, but we (me, the wife, and the kids) all loved it. The kids are teenagers now but they remembered the stories from when I read them to them years ago. Hopefully there'll be more movies to come...

Regards,

Todd

No we haven't made it yet. We have one of those budget theaters in town. Just before the film goest to DVD it plays there for a week or so at $1 a ticket. I'll probably round up my girls and a few of thier friends. That way I can treat all to the movie and treats for under ten bucks!!!

Thanks for the cool reviews

What's not to like ? Santa Claus giving swords, knives and bow & arrows to a bunch of kids.

A seven year old girl that can throw a knife about 20 yards and hit the centre of the target.

Lots of magic, bad guys getting their butts kicked, great acting all round...

Perhaps your just not in touch with your inner child :D

What's not to like ? Santa Claus giving swords, knives and bow & arrows to a bunch of kids.

A seven year old girl that can throw a knife about 20 yards and hit the centre of the target.

Lots of magic, bad guys getting their butts kicked, great acting all round...

Perhaps your just not in touch with your inner child :D

Great acting? Uh, riiiight. Liam Neeson and James McAvoy (Mr. Tumnus) were the only ones that did a decent job. McAvoy was better in Wimbledon and The Children of Dune.

It was a neat popcorn flick, about the right length, but the stone table scene came up a bit short. That particular bit was much better in the cartoon version IMHO.

It's the chronicles of narnia, not everyone's cup of tea. Frankly I never made it past the second book and can really only say I like the lion, the with, and the wardrobe.

3QT,

Regards,

Todd

No we haven't made it yet. We have one of those budget theaters in town. Just before the film goest to DVD it plays there for a week or so at $1 a ticket. I'll probably round up my girls and a few of thier friends. That way I can treat all to the movie and treats for under ten bucks!!!

Thanks for the cool reviews

Oh Man! Don't be cheep, All the your kids friends will have seen the thing when by the time they get back from vacation. Take them to it this week. You would be suprised at how fast they turn 30 years old.