Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-clamp grip on Ruger PC Carbine

I am thinking about supplementing IDPA and steel matches, possibly USPSA, with PCC.  The AR style choices are a bit overwhelming, and, to be frank mostly expensive, and to some degree if one builds or assembles a rifle, a little risky in terms functionality and reliability.  Someone in a similar thread recommended the Ruger PC Carbine at least as a starter platform.  Reliable, durable and relatively inexpensive (and uses the same Glock mags).  My question is this.  With the model that has the aluminum free floated hand guard, and using a red dot or similar sight (at normal height) is it possible to use the thumb over the hand guard grip without interfering with the sight picture as is done with AR's? 

21 minutes ago, Flashman said:

Reliable,

I not seen this to be the case in competition at least.  To be fair That could be due to the low number I have observed as I have only seen about 2-3 in competition. 

I would do your research before buying.  

Edited by Boomstick303

I use it in USPSA, the weak point is the ejector that you can bend eventually if you slam the magazine in.

Get the taccom parts to make ergos better. The barrel is getting hot so certainly you can get the "ULW Handguard for Ruger PC Carbine". also helps with the grip.

BTW it eats everything I feed it.

Edited by MatroskinT

My pc9 runs and eats anything. 
I did all the basic internal mods to it

plus the jawbone mag release.

only thing I wish I had was a bolt release button. (10 round mag limits where I live) 

Edited by Zachjet
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2022 at 9:01 AM, Flashman said:

With the model that has the aluminum free floated hand guard, and using a red dot or similar sight (at normal height) is it possible to use the thumb over the hand guard grip without interfering with the sight picture as is done with AR's?

Absolutely.  I have the Midwest Industries M-Lok Handguard on mine, and I’ve never noticed any interference whatsoever with the Deltapoint Pro I use with a Cross Slot Scope Mount on top of the receiver.  The only addition that I would consider a “must” for USPSA competition with the Ruger PC Carbine is the Jawbone Tactical Drop-In Mag Release.