Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mitchell 1911 Gold series

aplthird

A long time ago in the 90's I bought a mitchell 45 acp.  It had a ramped bull barrel.  I do not have the upper just the frame.  I have put on it the slide from my other 1911's and they fit.  Is this worth keeping?  I dont know if the ramp cut in the frame is specific to the mitchell or is a standard cut so I can put another ramped barrel in it.  I would ask my local gunsmith but he works for the police and I get the impression from him that I am wasting his time.

I had one of those, from what I remember 

there was a rumor that the frame was supplied by caspian, I don’t remember what ramp cut it had, but I don’t think it was anything unusual 

I also Remember it was rough and took a ton of work to get it to run and cosmetically the frame was far from pretty

Is it worth building a upper for it, idk

you could spend 1k on a new upper, get it to run like a top,  but at the end of the day it’ll still be a Mitchell

I will get rid of it, it is very rough.  I know the saying you can put a pig in a dress but at the end of the day its still a pig.  I remember from long ago it would not feed worth a damn.  Whats the best way to rid of the frame bring it to the police?

6 minutes ago, aplthird said:

I will get rid of it, it is very rough.  I know the saying you can put a pig in a dress but at the end of the day its still a pig.  I remember from long ago it would not feed worth a damn.  Whats the best way to rid of the frame bring it to the police?

Makita grinder with cutoff wheel. Chop it up.

If you've got any junk parts, cracked slide, shot-out barrel, etc.  Slap it together and go to a gun buy back.  Take some cash with you and see if you can buy something nice while you're there getting your $50 gift card for the Mitchell.

Just kidding....sorta.

Nolan

On 8/13/2022 at 1:40 PM, aplthird said:

Guess I will break out the grinder Rip Mitchell

If you're just going to chop it up, find someone who wants it and let them have it, maybe make  .22 out of it or whatever. 

I have a .45 ramped barrel and an old Kimber slide, it'd work with (W/N ramp), I imagine you know someone who has parts and can make it work.