Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 750 primer system operating rod replacement - US seller besides Dillon?

Cracked my primer system operating rod like many others have.  I'll be contacting Dillon for a replacement (will they send me more than one?) but does anyone know of a US-based source to purchase an extra or two?  Lots of European shops have them but the shipping is more than the part itself.

Thanks!

When I need replacements I always ask if I can have an extra and the answer usually is replacement is free and extras are “extra”. I live 20 miles from Dillons so it really isn’t to bad. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 11:11 PM, bobsaid said:

I've been looking to get the metal one from Unique for a while now. I just haven't had the budget for press upgrades lately.

https://www.uniquetek.com/product/T1562

Bob, unfortunately i think he was talking about the odd shaped rod that pushed the primer bar on XL750. I have broken 3 or them, although dillion replace it everytime, I still have to deal with down time.  

• 1 month later...

I have also broken the primer operating rod - the metal rod gets "fatigue failure" after a lot of use. I purchased two after the last failure from Dillion for an $11 each / ridiculous price point. This part could be enhanced for minimal cost.