Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Appendix carry, how do you carry more than one mag?

Twilk73

On 7/30/2022 at 1:21 AM, Twilk73 said:

I’m running an appendix rig. I keep one spare mag appendix. I completely blew a stage the other day ran out of ammo before my last target. 

So you guys running appendix how are you carrying more than one mag. 

Here are 3 diff belts i use in real life and at matches, 511 riggers, kore and daa inner belt. And a mix of brands, heights, styles and such of pouches and holsters. All w a g17 and 2 mags. I wear a 31" waist pants. I'm 5'7" and 140lbs.

Screenshot_20220804-110750_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220804-110804_Gallery.jpg

The time added in aiming is less than a second reload. Make fewer sight/trigger mistakes and you'll forget needing that 2nd mag. Tbh, even in 10 round divisions if aiwb I'll still just come to the line w 2 mags total.

You're in CO. You should be very low points down. Not doing stuff that leads to misses and make ups. 

26 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

The time added in aiming is less than a second reload. Make fewer sight/trigger mistakes and you'll forget needing that 2nd mag. Tbh, even in 10 round divisions if aiwb I'll still just come to the line w 2 mags total.

You're in CO. You should be very low points down. Not doing stuff that leads to misses and make ups. 

Thanks for the setup pictures. Your right I shouldn’t need a lot of make up shots. My accuracy, down points needs work. I only needed a second spare mag one time and it was on a stage where ever single thing went wrong. I mean everything. I had this idea in my head and from shot two to the last shot so many mistakes where made. Other than that I’ve been fine with just two magazines total. Maybe I’m over thinking this. 

Anyway, thanks for the ideas. 

so it makes sense to me to use your edc gun/holster for idpa. thats what i do, and it seems like a dumb sport for any other approach.... but the spare mags have nothing to do with my edc. i don’t ever carry spare mags normally, so any extra mags are purely a competition thing. so just use whatever works for matches, and accept that matches where you shoot 18+ rounds are different from real life where you would never shoot 18 rounds unless you were a cop.

Edited by motosapiens

• 5 months later...
On 7/30/2022 at 10:45 AM, rowdyb said:

I shoot ssp. So I have 15 in each mag and don't need more than the one. So I use a tier 1 concealment.

When I shoot ccp I use a tenicor holster with 2 separate tenicor mag pouches. I only wear a 31" waist pant so it gets kinda crowded but it's how I do it.

Boy that ain't no  s#!t, I wear 32" It becomes a problem real quick. I just don't have the real estate, some guy's have....lol

19 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

Boy that ain't no  s#!t, I wear 32" It becomes a problem real quick. I just don't have the real estate, some guy's have....lol

I think there was a time when I had a 32" waist... 

• 2 months later...

For the IDPA IWB people, concealment question…

Rulebook says ALL of the holster and pouches have to be covered by concealment garment…

Do you think they mean belt clips too?

Like if I had tuckable clips and tucked a shirt in and you could see belt clips… that’s technically not all the features covered… but do I really have to go to ulti-clips or some such?

Thanks in advance!

On 7/30/2022 at 10:45 AM, rowdyb said:

I shoot ssp. So I have 15 in each mag and don't need more than the one. So I use a tier 1 concealment.

When I shoot ccp I use a tenicor holster with 2 separate tenicor mag pouches. I only wear a 31" waist pant so it gets kinda crowded but it's how I do it.