Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson new Glock Adjustable Sight Set

gunruner

I've played with them over at Dawson's-- they're really nice and don't overhang like the Bomars do.  The rear blade may be a tad smaller, but they should be much stronger.

(Edited by shred at 5:23 pm on Jan. 5, 2003)

I was considering them also... with a .115 optic front sight and a plain rear. However, when I called, they were looking for a CNC programmer/ mill operator and couldn't do custom width sights. There's also a backlog on the adjustable sights... I'm sure the lack of a programmer didn't help with that situation.

That all being said, I'd be interested in hearing users' experiences with them, too.

I have the Dawson fiber front sight and am very happy with it. It's mated to a Heinie rear. I've thought about switching to the Dawson adjustable rear sight as well, but the notch doesn't seem to be cut as deep as the Heinie. I guess I need to call them and get the dims of the notch.

Howard

I've just recently installed a set of the Dawson adjustable fiber sets.   I really like them so far, however, they have only been on the gun for two or three weeks.  I'm used to a thinner front sight than they offer but we'll see.  I've used a thin serrated front post forever and am just now experimenting with fiber.  

First Dawson said they could go below .115 (for an extra $10 or so), then they seemed to hit a snag for a while.

Recently some Dawson fiber front sights for the Glock made it to some local shooters.  One was reportedly all the way down to .096, the other was somewhere ~ .110 I think.

I don't think the owner liked them, might be for sale.

Contact Joe at:

http://briarrabbit.com/

if interested.  You will likely be better off calling on the phone.  The number should be on the website.

Asked Dave about a thinner front sight for my 35 at a local match. Said they could not go much thinner, because of the screw that holds from the bottom.

I would love to find a 90 front sight like my old Para had.

Mike

Aren't they doing a triangular base now and tapering down (up) to the blade? That's how it appears in the photos of the adjustables. They're also using a standard 3/16 hex screw now, rather than the old itty bitty allen head screw.

Quote: from mike4045 on 10:29 pm on Jan. 8, 2003

Asked Dave about a thinner front sight for my 35 at a local match. Said they could not go much thinner, because of the screw that holds from the bottom.

I would love to find a 90 front sight like my old Para had.

Mike

I recently had a gunsmith thin the top half of the front blade of my Bo-Mars down to .090.  On a Glock 34 held so that the tops of the sights are level in a freestyle hold, I just see the skinny section floating on the (comparatively huge) rear notch.  I find long shots much easier now, because I can see more of the target.  Of course I'm not dealing with a fibreoptic.....

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if Dawson plans on selling just the front sight (the skinny inverted Y -looking one)? The notch on the adjustable rear looks too shallow for my tastes, but that front sight combined with a Heinie rear might be a good combo.

FWIW. I just got off the phone with Dawson's, inquiring about their new sights. I was told that they could get down to .092 on the front sight with a fiber optic. When i asked him how much for just the front sight, he said they couldn't sell just the front sight (the one for the adjustable rear) but could sell me the standard front fiber optic sight (the one they have sold for a while) narrowed down to .115. I forgot to ask him the depth and width of the notch on the rear. I'll probably call back in a little bit.