Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ok, what did i forget, x5 trigger dead after cleaning/assembly

davsco

x5 legion, i installed gg trigger kit earlier this year.  dry fired great, sighted it in, did a match with it, all no problems.  just disassembled and cleaned (just removed slide, barrel, guide rod, nothing else).  upon reassembly, trigger can be pulled but does nothing.  thx for any help!

Take the slide all the way back off and make sure the takedown lever is turned all the way to the open position when you put the slide back on. Make sure the slide is all the way in battery. I know sounds dumb but the 320 has some strange built in disconnect in the sear. that doesn't work maybe post a picture

wow something as simple as actually locking it back vs holding the slide back, that did the trick, thanks for that!!  i'm almost sure i didn't lock it back when i did the gg kit and cleaning but maybe i did...

I have an X5 Legion that will sometimes do this after I clean and reassemble it.  Usually I can fix it by locking the slide back again and pulling it as far to the rear as possible, but at least once I've had to remove the slide and put it back on.  I still haven't figured out exactly what causes this. Mine also has a GG trigger kit. Not a big problem but slightly irritating.

On 7/1/2022 at 7:55 PM, davsco said:

wow something as simple as actually locking it back vs holding the slide back, that did the trick, thanks for that!!  i'm almost sure i didn't lock it back when i did the gg kit and cleaning but maybe i did...

It is one of the internal safeties in the 320, I believe. When you rotate the disassemble lever it pushes a bar on the FCU that blocks the sear. When reassembling the lever going back up dissengages that sear block. I think it can also be disengaged with the slide lock, that is what is shown in the video.  I believe, I’m no armorer though.

• 1 month later...

I have something similar; also with a GG trigger.

At times there are two clicks to reset the trigger.  I’ve I attempt to pull the trigger at first click the trigger dies. 

I’ve had two gunsmiths look at it without success. Recommendation was to send it to GG. 

17 hours ago, Cnickolas said:

I have something similar; also with a GG trigger.

At times there are two clicks to reset the trigger.  I’ve I attempt to pull the trigger at first click the trigger dies. 

I’ve had two gunsmiths look at it without success. Recommendation was to send it to GG. 

Because your trigger is not really resetting. The first click is just the spring rubbing or moving. Sometimes a bent spring can cause this. I think its how it rubs against the grip as well. Not sure. GG sent me out a new competition spring, it was less issue but still prevalent.

I switched to a +10% trigger spring to help forcefully reset the trigger and it seems to help the issue. Only rarely now do I get this and only if I hold the gun a weird way.

If you have the Intermediate spring from the kit, switch it out and try that and see if it improves.

Edited by mrvip27

8 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

Because your trigger is not really resetting. The first click is just the spring rubbing or moving. Sometimes a bent spring can cause this. I think its how it rubs against the grip as well. Not sure. GG sent me out a new competition spring, it was less issue but still prevalent.

I switched to a +10% trigger spring to help forcefully reset the trigger and it seems to help the issue. Only rarely now do I get this and only if I hold the gun a weird way.

If you have the Intermediate spring from the kit, switch it out and try that and see if it improves.

I swapped to intermediate springs and that solved the issue. 

Appreciate it!