Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha XI mag pouch for CZ S2 production

bobbyblaze

For this mag pouch using Shadow 2 magazines with Henning Base Pads! 

Question: magazine bridge ride height there, are 3 heights on the wrap around spacer (3slots) for height. 

what is the recommended slot from top to bottom? top, middle or bottom?

Question: mag pouch positioning -do you run bullets forward or outwards?

A big negative is the spring loaded piece of plastic at the back of the pouch. 

They tend to come out when you pull out the mag. 

I had to put that bridge in the highest position and had to put too much tension on the wheel for my liking to prevent it from happening, but it is what it is. 

I saw a buddy of mine have it happen during a match with his single stack. Spacer and leaf spring shooting out of his pouch. 

Bad design for an expensive pouch. 

Edited by WFargo

2 hours ago, WFargo said:

for an expensive pouch

Yep but ,I had the problem worse with the old plastic and metal racer race master. I do like my new Xi better overall. I can't stand the plastic version though, only the metal.

On 7/2/2022 at 4:51 PM, rowdyb said:

Yep but ,I had the problem worse with the old plastic and metal racer race master. I do like my new Xi better overall. I can't stand the plastic version though, only the metal.

I was thinking about getting the plastic version. Why don’t you like the plastic and why’s the metal your preferred?

On 7/1/2022 at 9:15 PM, rowdyb said:

Mine are at the bottom for the internal stop. I use the belt attachment height to get the height I want relative to where I reach.

Good info! thanks...

4 hours ago, Shmella said:

I was thinking about getting the plastic version. Why don’t you like the plastic and why’s the metal your preferred?

The metal have a better subjective feel to me in their release of the mag, the consistency of their position on my belt. The plastic ones made me notice them, the metal ones never intruded on my consciousness. 

That said I spent a lot of time getting angles and spacing just perfect. It did not happen on my first attempt.

On 7/2/2022 at 12:30 PM, WFargo said:

saw a buddy of mine have it happen during a match with his single stack. Spacer and leaf spring shooting out of his pouch. 

Bad design for an expensive pouch. 

I had this issue with the Plastic DAA mag pouches but not the Racer aluminum ones.  Once the aluminum ones were adjusted properly I have had zero issue with them.

I lost leaf spring once when I first used them but have not until I purchased the plastic ones for my multi gun belt setup.  The plastic ones are not worth the money so buy any aluminum version if one were to go the DAA mag pouch route.  

4 hours ago, Shmella said:

was thinking about getting the plastic version. Why don’t you like the plastic and why’s the metal your preferred?

With the plastic ones more leaf spring issues than with the Aluminum versions.  Also the aluminum ones adjust cant and angle using a ball assembly.  You can only adjust cant on the plastic ones, and they have plastic teeth that can break if you lay on, smack the mag pouch hard, or exert any sort of excessive force on the only mag pouch the teeth can break or distort allowing the mag pouch to move.

Yeah the issue is with the plastic ones. 

Honestly, after putting that 'bridge' which locates the mag in the pouch vertically, at the highest position, and putting a tiny bit more pressure on the leaf spring, I don't have a problem with it anymore. But still, I would rather have the magazine sit a little further down in the pouch, but that's not possible. 

Good to hear the aluminum ones are okay.