Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tandomkross double kross mags

old558

I recently bought several of these and I am having trouble getting them to work for me. Mine are all Tandomkross parts, springs feedlips exc. My question is how did you set yours up? Ruger feed lips, how many turns of the springs, whatever. Anyway thanks for your help in advance.

The green TK rotor and TK feed lips didn't work for me. I went back to the red rotor with the TK spring. Also used the Ruger cast metal feed lips and Set the spring tension to 1 1/2 turns. They work flawlessly for me.

When they get built up with to much lube and start not rotating quickly enough to feed the next round......it's too late ...should have already cleaned them. 

I take them apart and clean them in a 4 to 1 solution of of simple green for 5 minutes at 50*C in my ultrasonic cleaner.  I don't clean the bolt or nut in the cleaner. I just wipe and use a little silicone lube on them.

Hope this helps.

If you ever use Ruger factory mags always reset the spring tension before use. They come set from 1 turn to 3.

13 hours ago, hornetx40 said:

The green TK rotor and TK feed lips didn't work for me. I went back to the red rotor with the TK spring. Also used the Ruger cast metal feed lips and Set the spring tension to 1 1/2 turns. They work flawlessly for me.

When they get built up with to much lube and start not rotating quickly enough to feed the next round......it's too late ...should have already cleaned them. 

I take them apart and clean them in a 4 to 1 solution of of simple green for 5 minutes at 50*C in my ultrasonic cleaner.  I don't clean the bolt or nut in the cleaner. I just wipe and use a little silicone lube on them.

Hope this helps.

If you ever use Ruger factory mags always reset the spring tension before use. They come set from 1 turn to 3.

Thank you. I will give it a try.

Tandemkross "Double Kross" are good to go in my opinion and I highly recommend them!  You can read my story below for details regarding why I have such high regard for these magazines...

I struggled for more than 12 months to get a new 10/22 rifle set up and running smooth for steel challenge.  It was a custom build I put together myself, but I was using all top quality parts from the best manufacturers and really getting frustrated with all the problems I had.  This was the first 10/22 I owned and my first build, but I've been using and working on a wide range of firearms for many years and installing performance parts and modifications.  I'm also a certified armorer on a few platforms and I don't say that to brag, just to provide some context for my skill level working on firearms.  So, I worked my way, slowly, at installing various parts and modifications to fix all the common problems with the 10/22 platform, and I think I had ALL the problems manifest in that rifle to one degree or another!  I had been using 6 different clear Ruger factory 10 round rotary mags during this time and shooting Steel Challenge matches and training regularly at the range while I tried to sort out these problems.  I had to finally throw in the towel and try some different mags as it seemed my last problems involved intermittent misfeeds that might be mag related...and I was at the point where I had tried every other trick and every other part I could find!  So, I bought 3 of the Double Kross mag kits and put them together using all the Tandemkross parts.  BING, BANG, BOOM...cured all my remaining misfeed problems!!!

Since I changed to the Double Kross mags, I have shot several steel challenge matches in several states, including the World Speed Shoot and the Area 8 Championship, all without one problem or hiccup from my rifle or the magazines!!!  I should also say that I disassemble and clean my rifle and magazines between (almost) every match or training session.  The magazines get completely torn down, with each part getting wiped down to move all carbon and dirt, and cleaned with my CLP of choice (have been using SLIP 2000 for many years) if needed then wiped down to remove any residue, then reassembled with the nut on the shoulder bolt rotated 8 flats (follow the Tandemkross video).

When I examined the Double Kross mags and compared how they fit in my receiver, I could see, feel, and hear that they lock up with a pretty tight fit when seated.  The factory clear mags I could always wiggle when seated and see, feel, and hear that they were a little loose, even after I had installed a Kidd Magazine Latch Plunger and spring.  My cleaning regimen above, was the same with the Ruger factory mags as with the Double Kross mags.

So, that's my story and I have tried not to leave anything out that I thought might be relevant.  Having said that, this story is based on my own individual experience.

***NOTE***  I will add a disclaimer that all firearms owner should learn and understand.  Each firearm should be looked at as an individual collection of parts, with variations in quality and tolerances for each of the parts that has been assembled.  So, what works for one to get all the parts to work properly does not necessarily work for all!

I run the TK DoubleKrosses as well with all TK parts.  After cleaning them I go 1.5 turns and then a little more until the screw pops in (get the TK tool, so much easier).  I tend to clean the mags after 2 or 3 shoots.  I love that they are clear and you can see the buildup and when it's time to clean.  I actually was having issues with the factory Ruger mags.  Just replaced the springs, rotors and feed lips with TK and they are running like a top.

*disclaimer: I am a sponsored competitor for TK