Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Ear Protection

Hello Everyone,

I'm pretty confused on which brand should I choose for my shooting ear protection. If someone could suggest me would be of great help. I'm looking at few options like the one from Beretta Ear Protection, Dicks Sporting Goods, or Cabela. 

Please suggest me one brand and also the ear muff from that particular brand that might be well suited for me.

2 minutes ago, jackmathew300 said:

Hello Everyone,

I'm pretty confused on which brand should I choose for my shooting ear protection. If someone could suggest me would be of great help. I'm looking at few options like the one from Beretta Ear Protection, Dicks Sporting Goods, or Cabela. 

Please suggest me one brand and also the ear muff from that particular brand that might be well suited for me.

What is your budget? 

I just got and used for the first time a set of Peltor Sport Tactical 500 last weekend. They are great. After decades of shooting and a couple of ear infections my hearing sucks. When scoring targets I could hear better than without the muffs on at all.

The 500 also have Blutooth and I really don't need that but the same set without the BT are the 300.

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion #1 - Link below is for some nice electronic in the ear style, 3M Peltor EEP-100.  These are made by 3M and used for industrial applications, they also make a similar model for military applications at over twice the price.  They seem to get good reviews and are used by many shooters.  I bought a pair myself and have been using them for several months and happy with them for the price.  The price on Amazon is about the best I found and seems to bounce up and down over time, got mine for around $180.

https://www.amazon.com/EEP-100-Rechargeable-Construction-Manufacturing-Maintenance/dp/B07P8YDBZD/ref=sr_1_2?crid=GJUYR1NPONZ2&keywords=eep-100&qid=1654010043&sprefix=EEP%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-2

Suggestion #2 - Link below is for some nice electronic over the ear style, Howard Leight Impact Sport.  These are some quality earmuffs that can usually be had a a great price, usually around $50.  They get good reviews and are used by many shooters as well.  I bought a pair, then added a padded wrap around head band and replacement gel earcups and they are very comfortable for a day of shooting.  I would rate the sound quality, amplification, and noise suppression as really awesome for the price!  I would also recommend these, with above improvements, over more expensive units and you have money left over to spend on ammo (win-win)!

https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-Honeywell-Amplification-Electronic/dp/B001T7QJ9O/ref=sr_1_6?crid=4AL3CMGINT7Q&keywords=electronic%2Bear%2Bprotection%2Bfor%2Bshooting&qid=1654011003&sprefix=electronic%2B%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-6&th=1

Edited by ShredderTactical
Added info.

+1 on the Howard Leigh’s. I’m still using a pair I bought about 8 years ago. Be sure to add the gel earcups, they really enhance the db reduction and are much more comfortable after a few hours. 
RTL

I use the Sport Impact model, swapped out the ear pads for the gel pads (Amazon).  Also I added the cloth pad for the piece that goes over your head.  I think also Amazon, company is US Tactical Sewing.  Just seems more comfortable especially if not wearing a ball cap.