Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP GMR recoil system.

usmc1974

I am new to the JP GMR15 and JP rifles.  So I have to ask a question, how often do you Replace the little rubber washers on the recoil system? I took it out and shot it, yesterday about maybe 200, and I noticed when I went to clean it, there was rattle.  I when I took it  apart all the little rubber washers was chewed into little pieces, gone all but 2 and retaining pin came off.

I try to change them out annually, but I do keep an eye on them.  They typically become pretty smashed before they disintegrate.  If they are flat I will switch them out before there is an issue if I am not up to the maintenance interval.  I check them every time I clean the rifle and try to keep as much oil off them as possible.  Most oils and rubbers do not like to play well together.  

Was the rifle bought used, is it new?  

2 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

I try to change them out annually, but I do keep an eye on them.  They typically become pretty smashed before they disintegrate.  If they are flat I will switch them out before there is an issue if I am not up to the maintenance interval.  I check them every time I clean the rifle and try to keep as much oil off them as possible.  Most oils and rubbers do not like to play well together.  

Was the rifle bought used, is it new?  

Got it used off BEF I want to Menards and brought the last 10 they had. lol Thanks

Edited by usmc1974

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Once you find the correct combo of stainless and tungsten weights the O rings will last nearly forever. 

at first I would see then flattened or chewed up. Now that I have the correct combo of weights my O rings have no wear after 2 years of weekly match use. 

• 2 months later...

I got this rifle off of BEF about a year ago, from A member he said it was in good repair.  but it was not, I sent it to JP They said that it was pretty much destroyed  But they rebuilt, The top end Completely Replacing the upper receiver and the magazine release among other things. But they did not check the recoil Spring and buffer system.  Come to find out someone had stuck a big oversized spring retainer that would not stay in place and kept letting the weights slide all the way to the back. I ordered The correct O rings and retainer and now it works perfect. But Now I'm also very Leary about buying anything else off of BEF

Edited by usmc1974