Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bul .40 S&W 1911s

regor

Is anyone running one of these in USPSA and can speak to their reliability/general experience? Contemplating getting a .40 1911 to have some fun in Single Stack without having to get into .45ACP and Bul seems to be one of the only places with current factory production options in .40.

Just make sure that they meet USPSA Single Stack requirements before you buy one.

Looking at the Bul Armory site, they all appear to have bull barrels, which is legal in IPSC Classic but not in USPSA Single Stack.

@Gilbert Perez is the only US distributor for Bul, AFAIK.  Gilbert will be able to answer any questions you have.

2 hours ago, N3WWN said:

Just make sure that they meet USPSA Single Stack requirements before you buy one.

Looking at the Bul Armory site, they all appear to have bull barrels, which is legal in IPSC Classic but not in USPSA Single Stack.

Yes, I did notice that after checking the rules and seeing what is actually allowed, but the description mentions a bushing as well, so I was confused about whether or not it actually has one/if they offer two different versions. Maybe they just use a generic description for all of their models...

Rock Island still make some it looks like. There's a few on gun broker that are new for about $600. You may be wanting a higher quality gun than a Rock Island, but they are available apparently. Good luck

So a little bit of follow-up on this I've had some discussion with Gilbert from GP Arms and he says they bring in both bushing and bull barrel variants and there are no pre-orders, so you just put your name on the list and wait until they have enough come in to fill your order. Sounds like the 1911 Cesar model will be available but GP doesn't currently know what the price on it will be.