Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I figured even with you stepping out I still have my work cut out for myself! Sorry to see you can shoot- heal up and hope to see you at the Sectional. You are still going to be hanging out at the WIIT though aren't you?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

I did some shooting with Ronnie Casper today. Mark my words, that guy will be tearing it up in Production.

Any idea if people are gonna be healed up enough to shoot this thing or what?

Later,

Ben

:D Great Ronnie..keep up the good work. Production is going to be funnnnnn!!! :)

Jay,

Ralph won L10 last year so my guess is that he'll defend his title.

Edited by SRT Driver

That settles it. I'm going to shoot Open so I have a chance. :(

Jay

Awe, come on, Jay!! Production is cool.

TT,

Last time I talked to Ken J, he was shooting Prod. But he and Pete have been playing around in L10 lately, it seems. Who knows.

Eddie D is out. I don't think he has picked up a pistol since his shoulder surgery.

Why don't you just shoot anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get your match booklets yet?

Looks like 8 with straight up shooting but one obligatory "gimmick" stage. 192 rounds minimum. But the usual "sucker" stage is absent. No card tricks etc. :D

Some steel :), many wide open targets, and all of the DT's and clam shells on one stage.

Looks like it'll be a lot of fun! ;)

Edited by SRT Driver

thought that there were 9 stages???

There are. Eight "Normal" stages and the "sit on the bike and pedal etc" stage with the DT's and clam shells. The "gimmick". And there is always one. Remember the hydraulic bull!!!??? If you shot last year, you know what I'm talking about. Ray S. will never forget it.. :(

It doesnt at all look like an easy set of stages....

Not easy...straight up. Depends on what you are used to. One of our members at my home club is a former gymnast and likes to create stages with beams, logs and other weird stuff. And we like 50 yards standards, 30 -35 yard Us poppers, strong hand, weak hand, barricades, tight shots etc.

This is mostly Comstock "engage 'em as you see 'em" straight up stuff.

I managed to put 10 stitches into my trigger finger this past Sunday at the monthly match, so I will have to see if I will be able to shoot. :angry:

Trigger,

That was my gun you tried to Ginsu your finger on. :o Like I said at the 4 classifier, the extractor was just gummed up.

When I got home I was able to just pop it out, (without a knife even).

I still feel bad about your getting hurt, and I do appreciate your trying to help. Apparently that was the problem with my 1911 feeding. Didn't have a single flaw during the 4 classifier. So at least something positive came from the incident.

I won't be shooting the WIIT. But hope your able to make it.

Jim

I will not be shooting the WIIT this year. Hope to be back to shooting by the March

Pine Tree match. I had hip & back problems this past season, but thank God they

are history. I still have to be careful about heavy lifting, etc, so I'll be working the

Tri County matches (all 3 gun) on light duty.

I also broke a toe in early Nov and broke the same toe again two weeks ago. I guess

I was not supposed to shoot at match this winter.

Thanks for thinking of me guys, I'll be stopping by the WIIT on Saturday.

Hope everyone has a great match

Ron V/aka Sparky B)

I managed to put 10 stitches into my trigger finger this past Sunday at the monthly match, so I will have to see if I will be able to shoot. :angry:

Trigger,

That was my gun you tried to Ginsu your finger on. :o Like I said at the 4 classifier, the extractor was just gummed up.

When I got home I was able to just pop it out, (without a knife even).

I still feel bad about your getting hurt, and I do appreciate your trying to help. Apparently that was the problem with my 1911 feeding. Didn't have a single flaw during the 4 classifier. So at least something positive came from the incident.

I won't be shooting the WIIT. But hope your able to make it.

Jim

Jim,

Glad to hear the gun ran well at the match this last month. I will not be shooting the WIIT, but the finger healed up just fine. My pride will take a lot longer to heal, and i am sure I will get Shit about it for years to come.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

First WIIT I missed in the passed 4 or 5 years. I'm glad I chose not to shoot. I only managed to get 2 hours of sleep the night before the match started, so I would have been less than 100% anyway.

With some luck I will get back to shooting this week.

As always, much thanks to all that help to put on this match.

It was nice to put some faces to the names on the board.

Rick, it was nice working with you, Mike and the other guys. You did a great job as an RO and I would have no problem recommending you for larger matches. B)

I hope to see you again

-John

It was nice to put some faces to the names on the board.

Rick, it was nice working with you, Mike and the other guys. You did a great job as an RO and I would have no problem recommending you for larger matches. B)

I hope to see you again

-John

John, it was great to see you and Jeff again. You guys are really fun to be around. I look forward to seeing you guys when I come up for the Michigan matches. I take my hat off to to Perry, Dan and the whole staff, they did a great job putting this match together. We had a great time and it felt good to take a 1st place plaque home.

Dave