Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me understand

usmc1974

Because it optimizes the twenty inch barreled gun that the shooter already owns for the game of three gun. Just because the division in the game of 3 gun is called Tac Optics, Tac Irons or Tactical, well. what's in a name? It could be called Rainbow Unicorns division, but if the rule set remains the same everyone that wants to win will be running a 12 shot tube in their barrel length of choice, or the barrel that is currently on their shotgun. Don't look for logic in the application of Webster's use of the word tactical, look for logic in exploiting the rule set of the division of the game.

Tactical is just a marketing buzzword that means nothing at this point. If I call everything the "best ever" then nothing is the best ever. Same thing with every firearms accessory company trying to incorporate the word into their name.

By the time I got into 3 gun it was 100% a game with no connection to combat or anything really tactical. Maybe the names for divisions are just holdovers from the days of matches having more of a combative leaning?

16 hours ago, JWBaldree said:

Because it optimizes the twenty inch barreled gun that the shooter already owns for the game of three gun. Just because the division in the game of 3 gun is called Tac Optics, Tac Irons or Tactical, well. what's in a name? It could be called Rainbow Unicorns division, but if the rule set remains the same everyone that wants to win will be running a 12 shot tube in their barrel length of choice, or the barrel that is currently on their shotgun. Don't look for logic in the application of Webster's use of the word tactical, look for logic in exploiting the rule set of the division of the game.

Oh man, I want to shoot the Rainbow Unicorn division, but it would be so much cooler if it was the TACTICAL Rainbow Unicorn division!

Nolan

• 2 weeks later...