Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz 75 Tactical Sport

awleland

I agree on the trigger. I had posted about this last year after seeing one at the Lim/Prod Nats. While on a short break, I went by the CZ table at Nats and picked up the TS and dry fired it.

Wow!!!!! the trigger was UNBELIEVEABLE out of the box. It was like 2lbs, max. Loved everything about the trigger. It was flat/straight, light, but crisp, exactly what I had in my STI. I asked the CZ rep who did the trigger work and he said no one, that was exactly the way it comes from the factory.

Shooting Prod now, but will be getting a TS soon and playing around with it. Sticking with PRod, but very interesting gun.

Also forgot to add,

Angus is shooting something like a TS for Lim or Lim10 Nats. This should be interesting. Cant wait to see what he can do with it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
The gun is too heavy for IDPA. That's a shame. I am taking a hard look at the Witness Elite. May just order one next week.

Too bad you can't just cut the dust cover back...the TS in 9mm or 40 would be a really trick set up for ESP if not for the weight.

I've have one that I've added the Makfakta slim grips too and it feels much better than with the factory grips (although the factory grips were still very slim and now sit on my SP-01). I also tried to get the Makfakta magwell, which is a nice looking piece of machined aluminum, to work with the Taylor Freelance +2.5 basepads with no luck and switched back to the factory magwell. I've had to replace the extractor spring and am still working out the optimal OAL on my reloads. It seems to like the inexpensive S&B and Fiocchi off the shelf ammo though. I've also got a sprinco guide rod installed and the talk about sprincos being bad for glocks and not letting them get into battery has me a little concerned.

Great info Ken, thanks. Curious though, I remember reading on the ghostholster.com website that fitting would be required and possibly removal of material from the frame, maybe the rails the original magwell slides on to?

Great info Ken, thanks. Curious though, I remember reading on the ghostholster.com website that fitting would be required and possibly removal of material from the frame, maybe the rails the original magwell slides on to?

There's that little mounting stud (part nr 71 in the parts diagram of the TS that you can download from the CZ-USA site, as part of the manual)) that pokes put of the hammerspring sleeve downward, which holds the OFM magwell in place. That's the pin that needs to be cut down a bit.

Edited by SouthpawG26

I barely had to remove any material from the stud to get the magwell into place. It is a friction fit piece, so leave as much as possible to ensure retention of the magwell.

BTW--go with the short aluminum grips in conjunction with the magwell. They come supplied with tapered head flat top screws, but I used the originals as I felt they filled out the holes better.

We received a couple of the CZ TS pistols in both 40 and 9 today. Wow I need a TS40! Had to have one of the best out of the box triggers I've ever pulled on a factory gun. The oversized frame and grip is wonderful. I might not need to finance it either...

While the 40 is a Limited gun, I think the 9mm would make a heck of a steel or bowling pin gun.

After just over 8 months, and selling two guns I have no use for, I have my own 75 TS in 40. Now for holsters, base pads, and other assorted goodies. The fixed rear sight sure makes a handy slide racker whist dry-firing.

Question on base pads: has anyone tried the CPMI #5131 CZ-75 45/38 SUPER BLACK bases to add capacity?

How about Item # 5533 Tanfoglio Magazine Followers, if they fit that would add a round to the CZ's mags?

Any particular holster recommendations, I was intrigued by SSI's Gugas holsters, but for 199.99? Even on special that stings...

I do not think the CPMI for 9mm CZ mags will work - too small to fit the larger TS mag.

However, EAA might be an option. And, I use some plastic Glock 9mm/.40 extenders that were called "+2" that just happen to - by coincidence - make the mag 139mm and increase capacity to 19 or 20. Noth the best basepads, but at $10 a pair they are OK.