Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HS-6 extreme spread 9major

IronicTwitch

I recently developed a major load for a Czechmate.  Started at 7.4 grains of HS6 and worked my way up to 8.1 using the Everglade 124 jhp v2, with a 1.16 length. Speed and power factor consistently increased with each step, making 165 PF at about 7.8 grains.  None of the load batches produced much deviation.

Its not your HS-6. It might be high variability in the powder drops and the mixed brass won't help.  It isn't V1 versus V2. With a minor adjustment for OAL I get identical results with V1 and V2 using N350.

Don't know where the magnum primer comment came from...Mars? I use small pistol, small pistol magnum. small rifle,  and small rifle magnum  interchangeably without any variation separable from the normal distribution of results. These results from a 0.40 cal Atlas Nemesis and a Venom 9 mm shooting 9 major. 

You have a problem with the powder drop and HS-6

1 hour ago, Brooke said:

Its not your HS-6. It might be high variability in the powder drops and the mixed brass won't help.  It isn't V1 versus V2. With a minor adjustment for OAL I get identical results with V1 and V2 using N350.

Don't know where the magnum primer comment came from...Mars? I use small pistol, small pistol magnum. small rifle,  and small rifle magnum  interchangeably without any variation separable from the normal distribution of results. These results from a 0.40 cal Atlas Nemesis and a Venom 9 mm shooting 9 major. 

You have a problem with the powder drop and HS-6

It was his chronograph. Go back and read every post.

Edited by AHI

Its possible its the chronograph but I assume he is using the same one for all testing. Not sure I should assume that.

I think I remember him saying he is using a lab radar so his results should be good. Ha, that's laughable.

I wonder how far the chronology is from the muzzle

6 hours ago, AHI said:

NO to the Lab Radar.    He used a new CALDWELL. Again go back and read every word.

READ??? But that takes too much time and it’s so hard!  🤣

Edited by Farmer

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve loaded a good bit with hs6 and its been fairly consistent.    I’m right at a 170pf with it with 8.1 grains a federal small pistol primer and a pd 124 jhp at 1.170.      Ran it multiple times on my chrono and others   I would like to add that I used mixed brass headstanmps.  I saw someone mention different headstamps causisng deviation. 

Edited by OpenshooterAclass4lyfe

• 8 months later...

Just had mine chrono'd at nats and between the 3 that went across the screens they were all within 9 fps.  This was with mixed once fired nickel range brass, cci small pistol primers and Precision delta 124gr bullets.