Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge - Jan 15, 2022 BOD Minutes - Zack Jones Presentation

Hoops

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/6/2022 at 1:40 PM, motosapiens said:

new controversy: introduce minimum pf for centerfire, so it actually has some relation to practical sports.

combine limited, prod and ss since capacity is not actually a thing and those divisions are sparsely populated. 

Production should be NOT be a 10 round's in magazine either. You can use as many rounds as you want in all the other classes but Production is 10 ?  That's Lame. 

49 minutes ago, JTex99 said:

Production should be NOT be a 10 round's in magazine either. You can use as many rounds as you want in all the other classes but Production is 10 ?  That's Lame. 

???? LOL!  We had a bunch of quasi-law enforcement show up at local match and they needed all 17 +1 rounds in their Glocks to finish a string on every stage except Smoke & Hope where most of them needed more than 10.  I guess they were trained for accuracy by volume!  We moved them into Limited, since they insisted on full capacity, because, you know, law enforcement  Unfortunately, I had to RO them for most of the match....Funniest and at the same time scariest RO'ing I've ever done!

Oh yeah, their quasi-law enforcement turned out to be parole enforcement for some and bail enforcement for the rest.

So just asking, why do you need more that 10 in a magazine for Production?   😜

Nolan

3 hours ago, JTex99 said:

if production went away, that problem would be solved, lol. however, if you need more than 10 rounds, you're doing it wrong, and you're going to throw that string away anyway. as far as i can tell most of the top shooters use 10 rounds in lim/open/co/pcc mags and change every string, to keep the weight down for faster transitions.

As a single stack shooter I'd be fine with combining Lim,Prod and SS.  I've always assumed that manufacture sponsorship was the impediment particularly if USPSA insists that the USPSA and SCSA divisions remain the same.  PF would be a non-issue other than I'd have to break out my chronograph which hasn't seen action in years.

Regarding OL: no movement would be fine, the three second penalty would be fine.  Let the one person who believes the penalty should be 4 seconds come forward or forever hold your peace.  No one is going to win the stage at WSSC with a three second penalty.

No power factor, No maximum 10 round (unlimited rounds in all classes) Keep Outer Limits the same, If you want to shoot from the Center box with no movement take a 3 sec add to your string time, make it so anybody can shoot from the center box, not just disabled.