Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger PCC Stocks Tandemkross/ Archangel/ Midwest

Hi Everyone, 

What is everyones recommendation for a Ruger PCC stock? I am leaning towards the Archangel as it seems to be the simplest and purest of all the setups. But I do like the TKs stock as it is more customizable the the Archangel. Finally the Midwest one I have no real impressions on that good or bad just that it seems the most pricey.

thank you for helping

Squirrel   

I have the Tandemkross Upriser Chassis on my Ruger.  This is my dedicated PCCI gun in Steel Challenge.  For me the angled stock put the factory iron sights right where I need them.  Full Disclosure:  I am a sponsored competitor for TK.  Even if I wasn't I'd still be using it.

A decision on stock choice would be what you plan on using it for and your own  shooting style.

Edited by bigdawgbeav
On 1/21/2022 at 5:25 PM, Squirrel45 said:

Thank you Mr. Beaver, 

Do you feel the balance gets any better when going to a pistol grip? The ones I pick up seem very nose heavy with the straight stock. 

thanks 

Squirrel 

I didn't notice a difference in those regards.  I just know that (for me) it felt better and more natural for my shooting style.  With the stock stock the iron sights were unusable.  The Upriser chassis fixed that and I'm sitting on the cusp of Master in PCCI for Steel Challenge now.  Again, for me, the Upriser with the angled stock was perfect. 

I'm also using the Taccom carbon fiber handguard so I can get a better reach.  My PC Carbine was one of the "original" ones with the short handguard.

Just recently I sent my barrel off to get cut down and sleeved to reduce the weight out front.  Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about the weight in the bolt.  However, I believe someone is working on a solution to that as we speak.

On 1/24/2022 at 7:42 AM, bigdawgbeav said:

Just recently I sent my barrel off to get cut down and sleeved to reduce the weight out front.  Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about the weight in the bolt.  However, I believe someone is working on a solution to that as we speak.

WHY??......you are just going to end up buying my barrel for it anyways. HAHAHAHAHA

Edited by TRUBL
On 1/26/2022 at 8:33 AM, TRUBL said:

hope to have it on the site today(?) shipping next week

Nice, I haven’t been to your site in a while, you’ve added a few goodies for the Ruger PCC. Looks like I’ll ne spending some money soon. 

Thanks!