Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee Bulge Buster

Browning40

Anyone use this for .45?  My question is does the crimp die resize the entire case or just minimize/remove the bulge?  I’m looking to smooth the loading process on my 650.  The smoother the process the more consistent the power drop. 

While I religiously use one for 40S&W and 10mm, I have never found the need to use one for 45ACP.  I never had a 45ACP case that exhibited any kind of bulge and therefore never needed to run them through a bulge buster.  Others may have a different experience - especially if they load their 45ACP really hot.

2 minutes ago, DougM said:

While I religiously use one for 40S&W and 10mm, I have never found the need to use one for 45ACP.  I never had a 45ACP case that exhibited any kind of bulge and therefore never needed to run them through a bulge buster.  Others may have a different experience - especially if they load their 45ACP really hot.

Or pick up range brass shot by a Glock. I like my G21 but it does bulge brass even with light competition loads (170 power factor).

44 minutes ago, Browning40 said:

My question is does the crimp die resize the entire case or just minimize/remove the bulge?  I’m looking to smooth the loading process on my 650.  The smoother the process the more consistent the power drop. 

With the BB you are pushing the entire case completely through the die. 

On 11/21/2021 at 10:31 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

Or pick up range brass shot by a Glock. I like my G21 but it does bulge brass even with light competition loads (170 power factor).

With the BB you are pushing the entire case completely through the die. 

And the ones that I have tried don’t go through smoothly. 

• 1 month later...

I’ve Never used this die… I have 40’s by sig, hk, xd and custom 10mm’s by Brian Bilby…. And have reloaded for them for decades….I once had a 40 reload stop in my XD40Tac but ran fine in Everything else…. I screwed my Lee sizing die down to kiss the shell plate and All brands Ran on my loads.  

I Do use Lee’s Factory Crimp Die for several cals and it’s All Good!

H