Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fusion 1911

MCGILLA

I wanted to see if anyone had any review on the Fusion Reaction Pistol in 9mm? My wife has decided she’d like to try some single stack minor shooting in the coming year. We have looked for a Range Officer with not much luck with the Ronin coming out. Does anyone have experience or recommendation on the Fusion guns? I’ve read mixed reviews but it’s one that falls in the budget. Thanks 

I’ve had a fusion CCO and it was fine. Didn’t put a ton of rounds through it but seemed well built. 

I just bought a Bul classic 1911 in 9mm and love it. It’s ready to go minus a magwell. Check them out from GParms. 

I had a Fusion Reaction.  Stay away.  A great deal on a poorly made gun with lots of features, still isn't a good deal.  Unless you don't really want her to get into the sport, in which case a finicky gun that won't feed will be perfect.

Stay the course and find a Range Officer or Ronin.  Even an older STI Spartan.

Edit:  I should've typed "have" instead of "had" above.  I still have the gun, in a parts bin.  Not worth trying to fix.  My small contribution to the 1911 world to take it out of circulation. 

Edited by johnmyster

38 minutes ago, johnmyster said:

I had a Fusion Reaction.  Stay away.  A great deal on a poorly made gun with lots of features, still isn't a good deal.  Unless you don't really want her to get into the sport, in which case a finicky gun that won't feed will be perfect.

Stay the course and find a Range Officer or Ronin.  Even an older STI Spartan.

That's the first negative review I've ever seen on a fusion.  What was the cause?  Did they address it?

12 minutes ago, f2benny said:

That's the first negative review I've ever seen on a fusion.  What was the cause?  Did they address it?

Owning a Fusion 2011 and trying to get it fixed by Fusion was the most frustrating ownership experience in my life. I can handle delays, I can't handle being lied to. I would not buy another one under any circumstances. I got rid of my 2011 at a 50% loss and was happy about it. 

If you research it you will find that Bob Serva (Fusion) has succeeded at suppressing negative customer comments by threatening forum owners. I suspect he is one of the reasons why vendor problem threads on this forum are often squelched. 

The only negative you've seen?  How hard did you search?

Forum consensus on Fusion Firearms? | 1911 Firearm Addicts (1911addicts.com)

Fusion Reaction vs. Springfield Range Officer - 9mm | 1911 Firearm Addicts (1911addicts.com)

He did sell me a shorter front sight since he built the gun with one too long to be adjusted to POI=POA.  Slidelock didn't work because he used a 45 slide stop with a nose too short, so I welded and refit that for him.  

He couldn't have corrected the ejection issues (using a 45 ejector on a sub caliber gun.)  He couldn't have addressed the feeding issues...mostly associated with a non ramped barrel and bad feed geometry in a 9mm gun.  (There's a reason other modern 9mm guns use ramped barrels.)  He couldn't address the out of spec frame issue (couldn't even insert most common 9mm mags...except of course the ones he sold.) 

Edited by johnmyster

I ended up snagging a BUL Armory Classic in 9mm, from GP Arms great customer experience very friendly and answered all my questions. My wife is a 1911 girl so I’m excited to have something that she will come out and compete with. We looked hard and the Springfields but this had everything we were looking for in a package. If anyone wants an update I’ll be glad to give a range report after we get it and take it to the range. 

On 11/16/2021 at 8:48 PM, MCGILLA said:

I ended up snagging a BUL Armory Classic in 9mm, from GP Arms great customer experience very friendly and answered all my questions. My wife is a 1911 girl so I’m excited to have something that she will come out and compete with. We looked hard and the Springfields but this had everything we were looking for in a package. If anyone wants an update I’ll be glad to give a range report after we get it and take it to the range. 

She will LOVE it! And Gilbert is awesome to work with. He found me a 1911 trophy 9mm while at locap nats this year. I have a pretty good write up about the first one I bought on here. Heads up though if you reload the chambers are TIGHT. I have ended up getting both throated a little so I could run longer loads but other then that no issues with either one. The original is well past 20k rounds now. 

• 4 weeks later...