Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Women Over 40

zhunter

Could not resist passing this one on to all you 40+ or will be 40+

Here is a piece written by Andy Rooney - CBS 60 Minutes.

As I grow in age, I value women who are over 40 most of all.

Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 40 will not lay next to you in bed and ask, "What are you

thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit

Around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And it's

Usually something more interesting.

A woman over 40 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is,

What she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 40 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing.

Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with

You at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know

What it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 40 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women

friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 40 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to

A woman over 40. They always know.

A woman over 40 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not

True of younger women or drag queens. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if

You are a jerk or if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons.

Unfortunately, it's not reciprocated. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 40+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year-old waitress. Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk

For free." Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against

marriage.

Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig, just to

Get a little sausage.

marriage.

Get a little sausage.

:lol::lol::lol:

Could not resist passing this one on to all you 40+ or will be 40+

Here is a piece written by Andy Rooney - CBS 60 Minutes.

As I grow in age, I value women who are over 40 most of all.

Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 40 will not lay next to you in bed and ask, "What are you

thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit

Around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And it's

Usually something more interesting.

A woman over 40 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is,

What she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 40 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing.

Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with

You at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know

What it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 40 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women

friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 40 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to

A woman over 40. They always know.

A woman over 40 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not

True of younger women or drag queens. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if

You are a jerk or if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons.

Unfortunately, it's not reciprocated. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 40+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year-old waitress. Ladies, I apologize.

marriage.

Get a little sausage.

Another urban myth -- http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney2.asp

What I love about them is that they are comfortable with who they are, comfortable with their bodies, comfortable with my body, and I can talk to them without having to wonder if they understand what I am saying...they aren't afraid to tell you what they want or need..I like that...As I said, all the plus's and none of the negatives...Wonderful....and they have all those years of experience... :P:D:):lol::D:wub:

What I love about them is that they are comfortable with who they are, comfortable with their bodies, comfortable with my body, and I can talk to them without having to wonder if they understand what I am saying...they aren't afraid to tell you what they want or need..I like that...As I said, all the plus's and none of the negatives...Wonderful....and they have all those years of experience... :P:D:):lol::D:wub:

Tightloop just summed it up PERFECTLY!!!!

Gosh, its nice to hear actual testimony, because it gives me hope. :)

What bumms me out is like, some guys would say "oh, I love independent woman who knows about herself!" to me and only to get into relationship with helpless one who doesn't have sh*t together.

It has been puzzling but happening over and over like "even you?" frequency, those qualites this Andy guy says "value" is actually a self-decieving lie or it makes me doubt myself. Sorry for the thread drift. I happed to be pondering on this right now.....

Gosh, its nice to hear actual testimony, because it gives me hope. :)

What bumms me out is like, some guys would say "oh, I love independent woman who knows about herself!" to me and only to get into relationship with helpless one who doesn't have sh*t together.

It has been puzzling but happening over and over like "even you?" frequency, those qualites this Andy guy says "value" is actually a self-decieving lie or it makes me doubt myself. Sorry for the thread drift. I happed to be pondering on this right now.....

Rikarin

The 40+ qualities are real!!!!

Like Tightloop said, I can have a conversation with a 40+ and they understand/knw what I am talking about.

Rikarin

In my very limited experience, any relationship is or should be founded on truth and honesty...if you don't have those to start with, you have nothing later...be yourself above all...of course use the little womanly things that you do normally ie: laugh at his jokes, get him to talk about himself (we all love that), and smile at him...don;t be too forward or aggresseive but be direct if you answer a question,find something in common (other than sex, at least at first), show him some interest and then let him pursue you ( we love that too)

Ignore the ones that cannot compliment you openly, ignore the really cheap ones, ignore those that you have no physical attraction for, ignore those with whom you cannot have a conversation, ignore those with NO fashion sense (if they don;t have it now, they never will), ignore those that mention their ex or mom even ONCE, if they don;t ask you out immediately but offer their phone number; ignore them too...ignore those that want to take you to a bar, or burger joint, and finally ignore those that are not well groomed and clean...( he does not have to look like a commercial for GQ, but should at least have a fresh haircut, shave and clean clothes)

Encourage the ones that look into your eyes, the ones that can smile and laugh easily, the ones that take your hand in theirs, and especially the ones that make you go weak in the knees...

When you have a great date, tell them it was. Offer to cook them dinner at your place next time ( we love to find a domestic godess who is beautiful also). Offer to include them in your hobbies, let them meet your girlfriends ( they are good input), let them meet your family...and if they pass all that and still want to see you, ask them to go to church with you...if they do that, and they are still romantic, passionate, and buckle your knees with those kisses and hugs, he could be The One....

Just a man's opinion....but that is what I would look for if I were a woman.... :P

ignore those that want to take you to a bar,

This is the single greatest way to weed out players. Someone that isnt willing to spend money on you (besides buying you drinks) isnt worth your time.

Sorry for the thread drift

Tightloop Hahahaha! Didn't mean to solicit dating tips but tThanks for a good one. Nice to know things are so old-school there. I better move :D :D In california, "get to know as friends" is always the way.. so it's like "wanna grub some tea or coffee?" A guy who actually ask woman out on an actual date is dying breed here!

But whoa. Jeeper and Tightloop both thinks so eh? Pretty eye opening... Maybe I will launch "give me dating tips" on "questions it doesn' fit anywhere"

Well, I guess I did get carried away a little, butsome things do not change and the things I mentioned are some of them...

I really feel sorry for you if asking a woman out for a date is dying there, and I don;t mean coffee or a granola bar...I am talking a real date where you pick her up at the door with flowers, take her to dinner at a nice sit down place, then dancing or a show, or tour an art gallery followed by a picnic, a hot air balloon ride, something special....make her feel special....people who date today are too generic in their approach....coffee or tea: I mean REALLY.....what fun is that...be inventive...find a cartoonist and have him do a sketch of you both then frame it and give it to her...and my favorite, YOU cook for her, I don;t mean scrambled eggs and bacon, I am talking something like veal picata, or roasted pork loin medallions with steamed asparagus and butternut squash with masserated strawberries and champagne for dessert then snuggling infront of the fireplace with some great music in the background....Now THAT IS A REAL DATE...and one she won't forget soon...

Rikarin, loose those bums from kalifornia and move to TEXAS where men treat their women like the gems they are... ;)

And remember, there are some Great guys out there who are still romantics and they would love to meet you...give them a chance... B)

Even if I never meet tightloop in person, I often feel as though I already HAVE met him. He's had a couple of rough spots in life (haven't we all) but has retained a rich personal investment in the concept of interpersonal relationships that is both novel and classic. He's managed to preserve a tradition that is SO RARE that I'll venture to say he's "endangered."

People are pathologically informal these days: There was a small awards ceremony recently presented by the local county commissioners (The annual TrashBusters Awards) which is always televised on the local community access channel... My computer recycling center executive director (a casual kind of lady) actually dressed up in a snappy little black and white suit to accept her award and I was so proud of her (she looked great)..... but many of the other recipients (especially a couple of females) were wearing scruffy sweatshirts (or something close to it) and looked like they had just spent the day moving furniture or something!! Where was the dignity here??!! And as to DATES...! What'n hell are those any more??!! Now, I don't expect miracles or anything, but the concept of what TL is talking about seems to be GONE. GONE.

Romance is not a matter of money so much as it is a matter of creativity. A 'creatively' crafted date can be just as fulfilling as an 'elegant' one. Perhaps even more so if it's personalized to the tastes of the individuals involved. I was bs-ing with the range owners one day about what constituted a cool daytime-date for a couple who also happened to both be shooters. Besides the 'good meal' and maybe little token shooting gifts, it included a session at the range and a related activity or two that both parties would've taken some mutual delight in. Just my $0.02 about dates. ;)

ZH's re-cap of last night's date!!! :D (BTW, this is a 2nd date )

1:45 Bought 30 Red Roses with babies breath :D

1:45 Bought Lead Crystal Vase for said flowers

1:55 Bought 1/2 Liter of Sprite for the flowers ( Flowers are best preserved with 1/2 sprite and 1/2 water to last longer )

2:15 Arrive at smokin' hot girls house ( Smokin' hot girl is 43 )

2:15-5:00 sat and talked

5:30 out to dinner for steaks and conversation with wine

8:00 Movie, Walk The Line ( lots of handholding ;) )

10:15-12:15 Back to her house and talked

12:15- afterwards, NONE of your bidness :ph34r:

PS, this is a typical date for me, with the "none of your bidness" excluded

Edited by zhunter

im thirty-something and my wife is forty-something and i love it!!!

Same here and its my best relationship ever. In short words, it all boils down to how much we respect and trust each other. There was this moment when I was sitting in my car waiting for my wife and a real knock-out, gorgeous, sophisticated looking, young woman walked by and smiled at me :wub: followed by my wife; a very simple average looking woman who's older than me. I asked myself, who will I pick if I was to choose between the two? As soon as my wife got in the car kissed, hugged and told me how much she missed me; a strong feeling of content and satisfaction just overwhelmed me. Now I know that I will always have the answer to that question and it strongly proves the saying; "The body is temporary, but the soul is pure".

Zhunter

Our evenings were similar...

4:30

Arrive at home to find my special gal, repainting "our" bedroom to her liking...WOW

4:40

Helped her to close up the paint and then proceded to help her get all the paint off...yes, it saves water to shower together...

5:00

Both get dressed for evening out....open icy bottle of Tommasi and share a glass or two as we get ready...many hugs and kisses interspersed there...

6:00

Arrive at restaurant for great dinner, tonight it was Italian...much smiling and touching through dinner, God I love her.

8:00 Return home....open bottle of Moet, put on some Sinatra, slip into something a little more relaxed and hold my sweetie close as we dance around the den...

10:00

Lights out, ignore fresh paint smell and None of your Bidness also...

6:30

Bring coffee for her to enjoy while I get breakfast ready...

7:00 Walk holding hands along our regular route...

8:15

She goes to her house to get ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow...

:wub::wub::wub:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I would be remiss if I didnt add my .02. A date does not have to be nearly as varied or extravagant as mentioned above. There are a variety of very good reasons that people go out just for coffee or to a bar for a drink and none of those reasons make the person any less romantic. I think if you asked a young woman on a date today and did all the things mentioned above, you would never hear from her again. She would ignore you forever based on the thought that you tried too hard, went way overboard, or something along that line. Creativity is a wonderful thing but let us not overlook simplicity. Are we trying to establish a relationship where we always must be going and doing, or are we trying to build a relationship where we can be totally comfortable and content to sit, drink coffee, and do nothing but be with our significant other?

Not trying to act like I know something, just a thought to consider when others tell you that you dont measure up.