Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Beretta 92x RDO?

cougar8040

2 hours ago, Stony Lane said:

Plenty of European members.  I'm sure it could be made worth his while to at least one.

• 2 weeks later...

order pistol okey find out have to get mounting plate from europe trijicon sro ,thanks mom in finland and fast dhl in europe shout have it on week what a joke with beretta suplyis, so much more coming around luckyli.like when i build my ss 92 to be billenium parts years ago single action only, i have 9x21 barrel also waiting to compete , got ammo last 8 yars before last shotage was hig 11dollars for 50 fiocci 123grain thank you dad made me think like farmer from finland and be head usually cant wait first match also trying to get px4 plates with my friend and gots to go with langdon is so expensive thou hes is the one with back up sights finally beretta usa was thinking make the rdo 92 and my extra 9x21 barrel is elite also so perfect matsh tsau bella 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don’t like the slide mounted safety. Once I saw the 92X Performance had a frame safety, it was a done deal. Not a bad idea to wait and see what LTT does with defensive 92X Perf with the RDO mount. It’ll certainly have a nicer trigger, not that there’s anything wrong with the stock 92X trigger. But’s LTT’s trigger is so sweet! 

I sent an email yesterday to Langdon Tactical, and asked if they anticipated getting the new 92X Performance "Defensive", and second, whether it would presumably offered with their trigger work, assuming the lockwork was the same as the regular 92X Performance.  Their detailed four-word answer to these questions was "we aren't sure yet."

Hey, thanks for doing that legwork. I wonder if that uncertainty is more related to knowing about the availability of the model to them and timing. If they do become readily available in the US market, it would seem to fit in well with their current 92 series offerings. So much so, it would be a glaring absence especially because it’s the first 92xp with a factory RDO cut, something LTT can’t do to the fullsize 92xp.

Yes, it may be that they simply haven't yet had one in hand to see if there are any differences.  I suppose they're busy, but it would have been nice if they would've elaborated just a bit...  That said, I noticed a gun shop here in Ohio has one  listed in stock.  I didn't think they were released yet.  I know Racaza was shooting one.

On 10/26/2021 at 3:06 PM, rmerillat said:

Yes, it may be that they simply haven't yet had one in hand to see if there are any differences.  I suppose they're busy, but it would have been nice if they would've elaborated just a bit...  That said, I noticed a gun shop here in Ohio has one  listed in stock.  I didn't think they were released yet.  I know Racaza was shooting one.

There are a few stores online with them for sale, they are stateside. $1400 mark. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Firing problems with 92XRDO.

I purchased a new 92xRDO and I am having firing problems.  About 30% of the rounds will not fire.  When I look at the bullets there is an indentation indicating that the firing pin did impact the bullet.  The dealer that I purchased this gun had also ordered another 92xrdo at the same time which is having the same problem.

I have contacted Beretta on their website over 1 week ago and have yet to get a response from them other than the automated response that they received my service request.

I am obviously upset that I should be having issues with a Brand-new gun.  It is even more upsetting that this has at least involved two guns ordered at the same time.  This indicates to me that Beretta is having quality control issues.  My dealer has fortunately sent my gun along with his back to the distributer, so I don't have to wait for Beretta to respond to me.  Are other people having this issue.

Regards,

Michael

What ammunition were you using? Did you try more than one type? I have a 92X RDO Centurion (purchased new in January) and have only put about 60 rounds through it but I haven't had any problem. I've shot Federal America eagle and reloads with CCI primers.